To Be A Secret

3 Days Later

All of the Leaf ninja were walking down the halls with Haji leading them. Haji had yet to speak to any of them since the they had seen him, besides Kakashi who vaguely got to see him, because Haji had so much work to do. Today, however, Haji took the opportunity to show them around the palace at their request, though he was still squeamish around them.

All of a sudden there was the sound of glass shattering.

Every eye turned around to see a very freaked out and guilty Naruto. He looked over wide eyed only to met Sakura's fist.

"What did I tell you about touching things you can't afford! You moron!" she shook the bruised Naruto by his collar.

"Sa-Sakura...!" he called but was smacked around again.

Haji stared with an annoyed and blank stare at them, "Please do refrain yourself from breaking anymore of the Royal families remains, baka..."

"Eh?" all of them looked at the broken pieces to see the glass mixed with ashes and name plate that fell as well saying the name of the dead noble.

Naruto screamed thinking he was going to be haunted for knocking over someones ashes and began to pick up the ashes to put them somewhere safe, "Don't touch them you idiot!" Sakura bonked his head into the floor again.

Haji walked through a different hall now with the others following as well as the beat up Naruto. They got to a black wooded door as Haji opened it he explained, "This is the hall of previous Kings and Queens and other nobles...also one of the libraries."

The room was decorated with small to giant paintings of unknown faces, the carpet a rich red, and dozens of shelves filled with books and scrolls.

"Whoa..." they gazed at the paintings in amazement.

Kakashi looked up from his book and skimmed the paintings only for him drop his book and eye widen as it landed one a certain painting.

Naruto and Sakura saw this being right behind him, "Hm? Kakashi sensai what's wrong?" All eyes looked to Kakashi than to the painting, Hiruzen nodded knowing who it was.

"Wow, she's pretty," said Ino.

"Who is she Haji?" Sakura gazed at the picture.

A young woman no older than 15 with long brown hair and violet eyes sat in a dark blue chair with gold rims in a pink dress.

Haji looked at the painting sadly, "... That's my mother."

Their heads snapped to looked at Haji and Kakashi.

"But... she was a villager I thought...?" Kakashi exclaimed.

Haji sighed looking away and going through some draws in a desk, "Her name was Mi-Kimi Hoshi. She was 15 when this painting was done and also pregnant with me. She also died at 15... while giving birth..." Haji stared at a dusty drawing book he held in his hand, "The day you and her met was when she was visiting the villages out of Hideyoshi. After a few months she found she was pregnant  with your child and she was going to tell you but that was also the day you left, your mission being done with." Everyone looked at Haji with sad eyes.

"I would have stayed if I had known she was pregnant, Haji," Kakashi gazed at him desperately, "You know that right?"

Haji shrugged, "Doesn't matter now..." his eyes traveled over to the painting next to Mi-Kimi as he rested the book at his hip. "My mother was only Queen for few months before she died and so my grandfather King Hiroko took over again, " he pointed to the picture of Hiroko and than the next one, "This is the previous Queen of Hideyoshi, Queen Sayuri."