Chapter 25

Brandon's POV

After we are done eating, we start to search around the airport for an ATM. It doesn't take us very long to find one because there is one right in front of us. I brought only one hundred fifty dollars because I wasn't sure at the time how much I'd need.

I put my money in and I get $193.25 out of it. I guess Canadian money is more than America's. I thought they were a bit closer. I put the cash into my pocket and move out of the way for Vikk and Preston.

Vikk puts in his money and I spot about four hundred come out with some coins. While Preston sets his inside, I start to scan the area a bit. I see a few people pass by with fuzzy hats on their heads and a small child begging their mom for some candy. I chuckle a bit at them because they are jumping and patting their mother like a crazy dog.

"You guys ready?" Preston asks us when he looks away from the ATM. Vikk and I nod and we are on our way out of the airport.

When we are out, we start walking around the city looking for a hotel to stay in for a few days. I get on my phone and search up 'Hotels in Quebec Capital' and see a hotel called 'Hotel Champlain Vieux - Quebec' for only $59. I tap the photos and see that there are three king-sized beds. I motion to Preston to look at them.

"Wow," he says. "We should book it."

"I'll google directions," I state while doing so. I spot Vikk in the corner of my eye nod. I smirk to myself and just picture him screaming at me to tell him how to get Lachlan. It makes me chuckle a tad.

I show the both of them the directions when I pull it up. It would take twenty minutes to get there without traffic. Knowing how many people live in Quebec City, there will probably be a little bit of it.

"So, we need a cab," Vikk says in a stupid way.

"Yeah we do," Preston says tapping the walking button on the directions, "because if we didn't it would take two hours and fifty-eight minutes! Knowing you guys, it might take a bit longer."

"Hey," Vikk and I say at the same time offended. Preston just starts laughing. Once his fit is done, he starts looking up the number for a taxi. He calls them and tells them where we are at along with his first name.

"The taxi will be here in ten minutes, now we need to make our way out of here," he says. 

"Okay," I state. "Should be easy enough."

We start making our way around people and weave between benches. Many faces pass me and the seem to be staring at me. I walk a bit faster, trying to have their eyes stop following me. My two bags slide against the ground and I pick them up a bit. Preston runs up next to me and tries to slow me down a bit. I do as he wants and Vikk comes up to my right side. 

We make it outside with five minutes to spare. I breath out and I see white smoke come out of my mouth. The flight attendant did say it is twenty-nine degrees Fahrenheit. I open up my bag and pull out a jacket. I don't have a coat because California is alway hot.

Vikk already has his big coat on. It's a metallic blue and has white fur on the hood. I kinda wish I had that right now. I spot Preston pull over one of his Fire hoodies and a Fire beanie. Of course he would wear that.

"We're also going to need to rent a car to drive around Canada with," Preston acknowledges. 

"Yeah, but did you get a IDP?" Vikk asks.

Confused, I ask, "What's that?"

"It's an International Driving Permit. It just shows that I can drive a vehicle in any country that allows them. And yes, I got one." Preston opens up a small bag with his essentials in it and pulls out a pamphlet that is the size of a passport. "I also have my passport and drivers license in there. You need those things to show you can drive around here." 

"Wow," I reply. "I would have never known that." 

"Good thing you have us here to help you!" Vikk exclaims. I laugh a bit.

After a few minutes of chatting, a bright yellow car pulls up next to us and rolls down their window. A woman with bright blond hair down to her lower back appears.

"Vous devez être trois Preston," she says. She sounds like she is speaking French. It would make since because she is in Quebec.

"Um, we don't speak French," Vikk says. 

"Oh," she replies. "Sorry. Around here, a lot of people speak it. I said 'You three must be Preston.'"

"We are, thank you for coming," Vikk states. I nod.

"Well, I'll open the trunk and you three can put your stuff back there. Where would you like to go today?" 

I say, "Hotel Champlain Vieux - Quebec, please." She nods and puts it into her GPS. I walk over to the back and open the trunk, revealing an empty space with black carpet. I set my two bags all the way inside and make room for Preston and Vikk to set their cases in it. I walk away from it and open the right back door. The seats are black and smooth, almost as if they are made of leather. 

I slide inside and close the door, waiting for the other two to get inside. I spot Preston walking up to the front of the car and open it. He sits inside and Vikk does the same next to me. 

"You all ready?" she asks us. We all nod and we are on our way.