His eyes closed while inhaling deeply, trying his best to remain calm. It wasn't easy knowing that his husband was pretty much lifeless right now, only being kept alive by a machine that was doing the breathing for him. And if he gets unplugged, that's it. He couldn't just allow Naruto to lye here forever while being a vegetable! What kind of life would that be? No...he knew what needed to be done. But this very thought scared him a little. He thought he would have more time to prepare himself. Having to turn your very own lover wasn't exactly an easy thing to do, especially when you loved them being a human.

Just then Itachi walked into the room and placed some papers onto the bed. "I did some research on the Kyuubi. If his host dies, then he will escape and cause havoc. It cannot survive in a dead vessel. So I dug deeper into this and realized something. If it wants to live so badly, then...it probably won't let Naruto die completely. Do you know where I'm getting at?" He asked.

Kushina was actually the first one to chime in. Her gaze lingered on the small babies, while reaching down to stroke at their squishy faces. "He will become a half-breed? Meaning...the human part of him will keep the Kyuubi alive, since that's all it really needs...?" She suggested.

He nodded. "Right. As long as Naruto's heart continues to beat, then he will continue to remain inside of his body. And this is good news! It means that he will still be able to walk outside during broad daylight. He will be able to eat both food and blood. Not only that, but his age will even come to a halt. But do you want to know what's even better than that?" A small smile began to spread on his lips then as he waited for someone to guess.

Sasuke only stared at him, not feeling like playing the guessing game right now. He simply was in no mood. "Spit it out already, nii-san..." He mumbled. Sure it all sounded pretty amazing, but still...he should have lived out his human life a little bit longer.

Itachi picked up the little baby girl and cradled her in his arms. "If you two ever want to have anymore children, you'll still be able to. Because if the Kyuubi were to leave his body, it would be impossible. But now that Naruto will be a half-breed, well...he will still make it possible for you guys to have more children in the future. So this works out better than you just turning him later on when the time was ready..."

Kushina's eyes welled up with tears. To her, it seemed like everything had fallen into place and was going to work out perfectly. "S-so my son will be fine then? He...he can still live a normal life?" She asked, before the tears spilled over and ran down her face.

"Nothing about this is better. It still doesn't change the fact that he wasn't ready for this yet!" Sasuke pushed through everyone and left the room, going back downstairs and heading outside. He fell to his hands and knees, struggling to cope with all of this. Shouldn't he be happy about this? His sweet and innocent Naruto was getting the chance to continue to live a normal life, all the while still be able to give them more children if needed. It really did sound perfect. But he was still going to be different! There was going to be that vampire side to him now. He was going to have to sit there while watching him actually drink blood! Even though he can still eat human food, he couldn't just live off of that anymore. It would be bad for his body, for his other half needed to be fed as well.

This was supposed to be happy day. They should be celebrating and holding their babies, while showing them with so much love! But even he hasn't held either of them yet. He wanted to wait until Naruto had woken up, but now that wasn't even going to be happening anymore. Once he opens those eyes, he'll be living in a different body that he isn't use to. His fingers clawed at the ground beneath him while cursing under his breath. Was he going to feel betrayed? Angry? Hurt? A part of him didn't even want to find out. It needed to be done by he himself though. It was him who needed to change his husband! It has been a while since he has tasted his blood. His tongue ran across his dry lips then.