Chapter 9

The next day….

Naruto's POV:

Today is Sasuke's birthday. Should I get him a gift? What does he not already have? I'm pretty sure that, whatever I get him, will be lame…"He'll like anything you get him, Naruto-kun." Itachi said. I looked over to see Sasuke reading. Again. Hmm, should I get him a book? No. He has an entire library full of books! Maybe I should just, try. Itachi would never lie to me. But then again, I've never been good at buying gifts. Jeez, what am I going to do? I didn't even know it was his birthday, until this morning! Thanks a lot for telling me, Sasuke!

"Suigetsu has been Sasuke's friend for a long time. So he can help you pick something out, okay?" Suigetsu? Yeah! Why wouldn't that work? "Thank you, Itachi!" I bounded off into the kitchen, and sure enough, he was in there baking! "Ah! Naruto-sama, what brings you here? Are you still hungry?" He asked, walking over to the fridge. "No, I'm full! That ramen was delicious!"

"Thank you."

"Anyways….I came here, because it's Sasuke's birthday today!" Suigetsu's face paled as that sank in. "You forgot, didn't you?" He just shook his head. "Great. So I guess we'll both need to get him something!"

"Get him something? Naruto-sama, I've never given him a gift."

"Why not?"

"I've always been too afraid to do so. I mean, the guy has everything!"

"That's exactly what I've been thinking…." I mumbled. Guess I'm not the only one.

"B-But I'm sure Sasuke would LOVE to get something from Naruto-sama." He continued, taking his apron off. First Itachi, and now Suigetu? He leaned into me, and whispered, "You could always give him your 'love'…."

"I already tried giving him my 'love' last night! He….wouldn't accept it, because I wasn't fully ready."

"Aw, I'm sorry to hear that! He just has a stick shoved up his ass! Give it more time, and he'll eventually cave."

"Hopefully."

"Don't be sad, Naruto-sama! Today is Sasuke's birthday!" Why is he more excited than I am? "LET'S GOOOOO!" He yelled, before running out the back door. I followed after him.

It's cloudy out, and there was a slight chill in the wind. I zipped up my jacket, and buried my hands in my pockets. "Where are we going?"

"A jewelry shop!"

"Eh?"

"Haven't you noticed? Sasuke loves his bling!" Now that I think about, he does! Not the gaudy "bling" Suigetsu is talking about, though. If I do actually find something there, it's going to be awkward buying it. "Hey! I'd like to buy this necklace for my boyfriend!" Yeah…Not happening. I could however, get Suigetsu to buy it for me. He'd do anything for "Naruto-sama"!

"Is that it up there?" Up ahead was a small, grey-colored building. It looked old, but in a cool kind of way. And in the front of it had a sign, with a picture of a diamond on it. "Yes."

"Suigetsu, I don't think I'll have enough."

"Don't worry, I'll help ya out!" He pointed at his pocket, and winked. "I get paid good money working for the Uchiha's."

"Wow." Of course he does. They have so much money, that they don't even know what to do with it! "How much do you have on you, exactly?" I asked, curious. He raised an eyebrow at me. "Ten thousand." He simply said. "T-T-Ten…thousand?!" I choked out. That's a lot of money to just, be carrying around! "Yeah. They pay me in cash. I stuck it in my pocket, and forgot about it."