chapter 20

My POV:

~*~*~Day of the wedding~*~*~

It was finally time for both Sasuke and Naruto to get married. They've been waiting for this day, along with everyone else, for a while now. Itachi did a great job in planning everything. It was taking place downstairs in their living room, since it was big enough. It was decorated in Uchiha and Uzumaki symbols, but not too much though. The top piece of the cake was ramen flavored. That way, the entire cake wasn't ruined. There was enough for him to have a couple pieces with it.

Naruto's kimono had stayed the same. It was a soft orange color, with black flowers all around it, with a few blue butterflies here and there. It really did reach the ground, covering his feet completely. Kushina was fixing his hair at the moment, pinning it back with the very same clip she used when she got married. It was a crystal blue color, which matched his eyes perfectly.

Once she was done putting everything together on Naruto, she took a few steps back and looked at him. A smile slowly appeared on her lips as she clapped her hands together. "Oh honey, you look so beautiful." Her eyes welled up with tears as she quickly looked away. She was happy that her son was getting married, but still...this was all happening so fast. Naruto turned around and looked at himself in the mirror, his eyes widening slightly. He looked different, but...in a good way.

"Thanks mom. You did a great job..." He placed his hand on his stomach and grinned. He was finally getting everything he has ever wanted, and with someone he loved with all of his heart. It was now impossible to think about his future, without Sasuke being in it... He reached up and touched the clip in his hair. He thought it was a bit too girly for him, but now that it was actually in his hair, he didn't think so anymore. It really did look good on him. Sasuke was surely going to like it.

And speaking of him...

"Nii-san, I can't believe you made this yourself." Sasuke's fingertips grazed over the white dragon that spiraled around his navy-blue kimono. On the back, was of course, the Uchiha crest. He didn't have anything in his hair, but he did have some of it slicked back slightly on the side. His kimono was a bit shorter than Naruto's, so it showed his feet. "I worked very hard on both of them, so I'm glad I got them finished on time." "I'm pretty sure he looks amazing in his..." He said quietly, already getting impatient.

His gaze shifted towards the stair case. Naruto was up in their room, getting ready. After tonight, he will officially be an Uchiha. He couldn't help but smile softly at the very thought of it. "I'm so glad everything is working out for you. You've found the perfect mate..." "T-thanks nii-san..." Hearing those words made him feel absolutely happy. He really did feel lucky, having Naruto as his mate...and the mother of his unborn child...

'I want to see him...'

Just then, Mikoto and Fugaku walked in and took one good look at their son. "You look so handsome..." And with that, she flung her arms around him. She made sure not to cry though, since she didn't want to ruin his kimono. He hugged her back gently, and chuckled. "Thank you..." "Son." Fugaku sternly said. As usual, he wore a blank expression on his face, so you couldn't tell how he was feeling. "Yes father?"

"I'm proud of you..."

Sasuke was indeed shocked at hearing such a thing coming from his father. It wasn't very often he said those words from him...especially since they were mainly aimed at Itachi. He looked down at the ground, as he felt his eyes well up with tears. It seemed like everything in his life was going perfectly well so far. He never thought he could be so happy... "Thank you, father. I will not disappoint you..." He said quietly.

Itachi placed his hand on Sasuke's shoulder. "We don't have to worry about losing you anymore. This is such a relief... And I know you're both going to treat each other well. I'm...so glad I went out and found him for you. If not, then..." He didn't even finish his sentence. The very thought of losing his younger brother disturbed him greatly. "I know Itachi...I'm glad too..."