Chapter 32

The entire household was completely silent, except for the cries of three small and perfectly healthy babies. They all lay huddled together in a box with a pillow covering the bottom. A towel was draped over them to make sure they were nice and warm as well. Since Rin didn't have any baby supplies, she had to make due with what she had. Everything was going perfectly fine at first. The two grandmothers cleaned each one off and wrapped them up nicely, since they didn't have any clothes or diapers to wear at the moment. And oh were they absolutely adorable! Everyone in the room couldn't seem to keep their eyes off of them.

The two boys had short strands of black hair sticking out of their heads, which matched beautifully with a pair of large blue eyes. Their pale skin was then accompanied by two whisker marks going across each cheek. The little girl had the same markings, but definitely did not look like her brothers at all. Not only was she the smallest of the three, but was also the one who looked the most different. Her bright red hair made her stand out amongst them all. Not only that, but she had piercing, narrow black eyes and slightly tanned skin. And oh were her cries the loudest! But everyone seemed to be focused on something else...something far more important than holding either one of them at the moment.

Their mother was in critical condition! Everyone stood around the bed while staring down at the blonde. There wasn't much color to his skin, and the only thing that was keeping him alive, was a machine. He couldn't even breathe on his own! While opening Naruto up to deliver the babies, he ended up losing way too much blood and slipped into a coma. Once that happened, only a few minutes later and he stopped breathing altogether. They were hoping that the Kyuubi residing in him would help heal his body so that he would be able to live longer, but...it looked like that wasn't going to be happening. All of this had taken its toll on someone so small and fragile. Having to endure being cut open to take out so many babies was something that he, in the end, couldn't handle.

Naruto really did fight for his life as much as he possibly could! Before his condition worsened, he actually broke down crying and begged for Rin to do something...anything to save his life! He didn't want to die. How could he do so without even holding his precious little babies that he has been carrying around for seven whole months? This just wasn't fair to him at all. Why did this have to happen to him? He tried his hardest to make sure that they were all safe and healthy, growing inside of him. Both him and Sasuke showered them with so much love and affection. They can't grow up with their own mother! No one deserved that kind of life. Each and every one of them deserved to know what a mother's love was like.

"You know what has to be done, Sasuke. It's been six hours and he's showing no signs of progression. He's...he's gone." Rin whispered toward the raven He was just standing there with his husband's hand in his own, staring blankly at him. Since it was impossible to cry, everything that he was feeling was being held in his facial expression...and oh was he hurting badly.

Sasuke grit his teeth together. "Shut up, you're really starting to piss me off. He's not gone, damnit!" He hissed out angrily. He didn't want to accept the fact that he would no longer get to feel his lover's warm body...to hear his strong heartbeat pounding away in his chest... To...be able to watch his angelic face while he slept at night. And to think, he spent all of that time learning how to cook food, too! "This is your fault. How dare you not do your job properly!" He said much louder now.

Mikoto placed a hand on her son's shoulder, frowning. "That isn't fair. Deep down, you know it really isn't Rin's fault. She tried her best to save him. You saw it with your very own eyes..." She spoke quietly. There just wasn't enough blood here to save his life. The moment she not only saw, but heard the gush of blood spill onto the floor, made her feel sick to her stomach. It was weird, because...vampires didn't get sick like that. There was just so much of it, and it wasn't stopping!