13

He walked in and held out his arms, "Hey Roe Roe!"
I screamed in happiness and hugged him, bringing him into the house.
"Denzel!! I miss you so much!"
"I miss you more!" He looked down at my baby bump, "Man, you're really pregnant, aren't you?"

Ray laughed from behind us, "She better be."
We laughed and walked to the living room.
"I'm gonna head upstairs," Ray announced.

I don't think Ray us homophobic, but he was always weird around Denzel. I think it's mostly because he's not good with "friends", or maybe because of that surprise that happened when they all went out a while ago.
I'm not sure.

"So," Denzel said as he sat on the couch, "What's new?"

I sat next to him, "This baby is new!"
He laughed, "Oh my gosh when Jodie told me I was shocked!"
"Really?"
"Yeah! I mean first of all, I thought you were done with me."
I immediately felt terrible remembering the day of my wedding...

I turned to face him, my white crystal dress dragging on the wooden floor. I could see Denzel was being genuine, but I'm not gonna cancel my fucking wedding.

"Denzel, just leave please."
"Monroe-"
"Just go downstairs and be a good groomsman, okay?"
"But-"
"WHAT!?" I yelled.
"MONROE IF YOU WOULD JUST LISTEN TO ME!"

"I DID LISTEN TO YOU! I JUST DON'T AGREE WITH YOU! I'M IN LOVE WITH RAY, SO JUST FUCKING STOP!!"
"MONROE I JUST DON'T FEEL RIGHT ABOUT THIS!"

"What do you want, huh?!" I walked closer to him, "You want me to not get married to the man I love? You want me to cancel this multi million dollar wedding and be alone and unhappy?!"

"No, Roe... I-"
"What?!"
He sighed, "I just don't want you to make a mistake."
"Well I'm not."
"But-"

"Denzel honestly, if you don't like it you can leave. I'll buy you a ticket back home."
"No Roe-"
"Then go! Stop trying to mess up my Day! This is My Day!"
"I understand."

"So leave! Thank you for helping me with my dress, you're dismissed."

He rolled his eyes and quickly walked out of the dressing room. I grunted and walked over to the couch, plopping down on it. I really don't need all of this stress on my wedding day. I don't regret any of this.

"I'm so sorry!" I apologized.
"No, I completely understand why you got mad. It was your wedding day, I shouldn't have even started that."

I sighed and laid against the back of the couch.
"How's Jodie?" I asked.
He smiled, "She's... Happy."

I laughed, "I meant to call her, is she still with that Wolf gang leader guy?"
He laughed, "You know, he's not a bad guy. I let him open for me in one of my shows and he's actually a pretty good singer."
"Really?"
"Yeah, but he said he doesn't want to be a singer. But I know he'll be back."

I smiled, I'm glad Jodie's happy. But, I know I need to tell Denzel about the Meka situation.
"So," I mumbled, "Remember Meka?"
He lowered his eyebrows, "The crazy stalker artist?"
I laughed, "Yeah."
"What about him?"

I took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, "So..a while ago he raped me. And so-"
"WHAT?!"

"Yeah."
"What did Ray do?"
I chuckled, "He almost beat him to death."

Denzel shifted around in his seat, "Oh my goodness, that's horrible."
"Well Meka told me that he inseminated me during it, and that he thinks this is his baby."

Denzel's jaw dropped and he stayed frozen.

"So," I continued, "I'm sure it's Ray's baby. But, when Ray and I had sex he pulled out.. So I don't know what to think -"
"Oh my gosh.."