Prologue Pt. 2

Eight Months Later.

"Just eat it Ray!!" I yelled.
"But what if it tastes bad?!"

He's been starring at the cheeseburger for ten minutes. I remembered how he told me that he never had one when we first met, so I decided I'd share one with him.

Through my pregnancy all I've wanted was a burger and fries.
Oh yes.
Burgers and fries.

With pickles.
Lots of pickles.

Then sausage dipped in jelly and syrup right after for desert.

I'm starving!!

"GIVE ME THE DAMN BURGER!!!" I pushed Ray out of the way then devoured the bacon cheese burger. It was the best thing I've ever eaten in my life.

Ray laughed and sat on the black marble counter, "I swear, you're the best when your pregnant."

I had moved into his house, though I still have my loft.
"You know what's funny?" Ray asked.
I swallowed the last bits of the burger then sat on the stool in front of Ray, "What?"
"I haven't even known you for a year, but we already got engaged, got married, and now we're gonna have a little girl together!"

I giggled, "You mean boy?"
"Girl."
"Boy!!"
"Girl!!!!"

I grunted, "No way. Girls are too much work."
"But then I get to spoil her!" He closed his eyes and laid back on the counter, "I'm gonna buy her everything in the world!"

"Mail!" Susan, our maid yelled.

I sat up and started to push myself up to stand out of the stool. I'm eight months pregnant, and probably about ten thousand pounds.

"No, baby I got it!" Ray ordered as he jumped off of the counter.
"I can do it Ray-"
"No!" He kissed my cheek and stroked my hair, "You just stay here, I'll get the mail."

He's so annoying.
But I like it cause ain't no way in hell I was gonna get out of that stool.

"Hey Ray!?" I yelled as he got closer to the exit of the kitchen.
"Yes?"
"Your pull-out game is weak."

He laughed, "Shut up!"

I giggled and rubbed my big belly. I can't wait to be a mommy. I can't wait to see Ray being a daddy either. I have no worries about it, I know he's gonna be the best father in the world. My child won't have to grow up like I did. They'll have whatever they want and more.

"Hey... Babe?" Ray mumbled as he walked back into the kitchen.
I turned to face my husband and smiled, "Yes?"

He quietly walked over to the stool next to me and sat, not taking his eyes off of a letter.
"Who's it from?" I asked.

"M-Meka."
My heart stopped.

"What the fuck does he want?"
"I don't know... I thought I got rid of him."
"Well open the letter, babe."

He sighed and slowly tore open the envelope, then started to read out loud.

"Dear Monroe,

It's been a while since we last talked, which surprises me. But, I understand. Your evil husband Ray probably forbid you from seeing me. Why did you marry him? Why don't you want to love me? Remember that night we had? Remember?
Anyways, that's not why I'm writing to you. I wanted to tell you some very important information. First off, I've gotten therapy. I went to a couple different doctors, but I've changed a lot. I've also found out that you're expecting a baby! Congratulations!
I can't wait for us to raise our first baby together!
This may be confusing, but I wanted to tell you that the night I fingered you, I made sure I put my seed on my finger. I wanted to make sure that part of me will always live with you, even if it's not me myself. Just because I love you that much. I hope we'll be in touch soon! I'm so excited for the baby!!:)

Love,
Meka Lani."

No.. No this isn't happening to me. He wouldn't do this to me. Why would he do that when... No this can't be true. I reached down to touch my belly. This has to be Ray's baby... It can't be Meka's. There's no way!! This can't happen!!!

I hung my head down and began to cry. This can't happen!!
I wiped my eyes and looked at Ray to find him still staring at the letter, shaking his head slowly in disbelief. I could see the water flooding his eyes, but not coming out.

"Ray.."

Suddenly he broke down crying, dropping the letter. I had never seen him cry so hysterically. It hurt me so much, I could feel his pain.

"Ray baby you know you're the father."
"I PULLED OUT, MONROE!"
"But-"
"HOW AM I THE FATHER WHEN I PULLED OUT?! HE PUT HIS SPERM IN YOU AND NOW YOU'RE PREGNANT!"

"BY YOU RAY!!!"
He shot up and started to pull his hair, "HOW DO YOU KNOW?!" He yelled.
"I - I just know it!"
"You can't know, Roe!!!"

"Ray-" I started to break down again. I can't be carrying Meka's baby! I suddenly felt my child kick inside of me. I must be stressing it out.

"Ray," I whispered as I tried to pull myself together for my baby, "We're gonna figure this out, okay!"
"HOW?!" He yelled, "WE CAN'T KNOW UNTILL THE BABY'S BORN!"

"STOP YELLING! YOU'RE UPSETTING THE BABY!"
Ray scoffed and shook his head, "Not even mine."

That hurt more than anything in the world.

"Ray please," I whispered.
"What?"
"You can't be mad at me for this. Meka did this to me."

He sighed and sat back in the stool, staring at my baby bump.

"When are you due anyways?" He asked.
"In about a week Ray."

"How many days?"
I grabbed my phone and checked my pregnancy calendar. I haven't paid too much attention to my due date because I just figured I'll go to the hospital whenever my water breaks.

"It says we have 7 Days left."
He sighed and covered his face, then dragged his hands through his curly hair.

"We only have 7 Days?"
I locked my phone, "Yup."

Ray stood up and started to slowly walk away from me.
"If I find out the baby isn't mine," He stated, "I promise you, I will kill Meka Lani."