12

~Day 5~

Ray POV

"Hello?" I deep voice answered.
"Uh-Hi! Can I speak to Abdul?"
"This is he. May I ask who's calling?"

"Uh, this is Raheem Amini! Is this a good time to call?"
"Raheem?"
I froze, "Yes, I guess I'd... Like to talk?"
"Why?"
I chuckled, "Um.. Well do you know who I am?"
"Yeah."

Fuck I wanna hang up.

"Well, my wife is pregnant and she would love if you and I met, so that our child will know their uncle...." No reply. "Or something? Um.. And I'd also love to get to know you. We're brothers after all!"

"I guess."

Ugh.

"Alright! Well I'll send you my address and you can come on over tomorrow!"
"Yeah, okay."

Click.

Wow he hung up on me.

I sighed and put my phone down on the kitchen counter.. I'm only doing this for my family.. That's it.

"Hey babe?" I heard Monroe call. I looked into the hallway to find her slowly walking towards me. I wish she would just relax all day and let me take care of her. Is that to much to ask?
"What are you doing out of bed?" I asked.

She smiled, "I heard you on the phone so I came to see what was going on."

I grabbed her hands and helped her sit in the chair at the table.
"I called Abdul," I announced.
"Who's that?"
"My brother."
She gasped, "Oh that's good! How'd it go!?"

I sat next to her at the table, "He said he would come over tomorrow."
He smiled wider, "Oh great! That's exciting!"

I thought about the phone call.. I don't feel as excited.
"What's wrong?" she asked.

"I just... Don't really feel confident about it."
"What do you mean?"
I sighed, "Something seems off about him."
"What?"
"He really didn't seem right."

"How so?" She asked.
"He just... I can't put my finger on it."

I thought about it and couldn't figure out what exactly he said that makes me feel weird... But I just have a bad vibe about him.
"I don't wanna talk about it," I spat out.

She smiled and leaned against the back of the chair, "That's fine. But there's something I wanna talk about."

"And that is?"
I noticed she closed her eyes and took a deep breath.. I wish she wouldn't get so nervous to ask me things..
Maybe that's my fault.

"I have a problem with the way you're acting about your father being sick."
"Why?" I asked.
"I feel like you're not accepting it or something."

I sighed and looked at the worry in her eyes. It's always been hard for her to understand my family. We're not close like her family is. My father isn't a father to me, he's just a man. The only person really close to me that I loved was my Mama. I'd probably care if it were anyone else but my father that was sick. My father doesn't deserve my sympathy.

"It really doesn't bother me sweetheart."
"Are you sure?" She asked.
"Yeah," I chuckled, "I wish he died already honestly. I can't stand him."

"Ray don't say that!"
"It's true!"
"He's your Dad!"
"He's not, Monroe!"

She paused and looked at me. I couldn't tell if she was scared or shocked.
"Dads are there for their kids..." I said, "Dad's don't tell their children they're cursed just because they look different. Dads don't hide their Mom from their child. He's the man that helped conceive me, but he's not my Dad."