5

"We gotta talk about this," Ray said softly as he helped me lay down.
"Baby I'm really stressed out."
Ray laid next to me, "I understand. But we need to fix this so there's no stress added to you or our child."

I closed my eyes for a moment, helping my headache go away.
"Monroe?" I cracked my eyes open and looked at Ray, "I'm gonna have to get rid of Meka."

I really don't need this right now.

"No."
"What?"
"Ray, I would rather stay home and have you watch me all day than have you fight Meka again."
"Roe that's not gonna work anymore. He has to go."

"What?" I asked, "You're gonna kill him?"

He sighed, "Hear me out-"
"Oh God."
I closed my eyes and put my hands on my forehead.

"Really Monroe!" Ray argued.
I sighed, "Just talk."

"Alright," He started, "I have this idea that I really think can work."
"What is it?"
"Okay... I'm gonna have you call Meka and tell him you wanna meet somewhere to talk. Of course he'll come, and when he gets there you'll text him that you're just running late. Then I'll come and... Handle it."

I pictured it in my head as he talked...no way.

"Ray that's too dangerous, No."
"Babe-"
"No. I don't need you trying to attack Meka a few days before I'm due, okay?"

He sucked his teeth and I glared at him.
"You got any ideas?" He asked.

I took a deep breath, "I think we just need to get a new house out of state, and move on."
"But what if-"
"We'll get better security, Ray."

"No, I don't wanna see him or hear about him ever again." Ray crossed his arms and lowered his eyebrows, "I can get away with killing him, baby."

"No!" I protested.
"Why?!"
"Because what if you don't just get away with it?! Then I'm a single mother with Meka after me!"
Ray rolled his eyes, "I have good lawyers!"
"I. Don't. Care."

We stayed silent for a moment. I took deep breaths, breathing in the fresh air. I didn't know Ray was this serious about killing Meka. There's no way I'd be completely okay with that, I'd be married to a murderer.

Suddenly Ray smiled, "Okay, I have an idea."

Here we go.

"Go ahead." Ray began to talk when I noticed my feet were swollen. Man I can't wait until this baby is out of me. The first thing I'm gonna do is take a long nap... I hope it doesn't hurt too much when I give birth.

"Monroe?" I blinked and looked up at Ray, "are you listening?"

Oops.

"Uhhhh yeah."
He laughed, "I said we could just get Meka arrested for rape and harassment."

Oh that's smart.
But...

"Ray I.. I think we should just go with my idea."
He rose an eyebrow, "Why?"
"Just..i don't wanna do all this drama right now."
"I'll handle everything baby." He kissed my forehead and smiled, "You don't have to be stressed."

"Ray please can we just-"
"What's wrong?"
"I wanna wait, okay?"

He sat up defensively, "For what?!"
I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, "I mean... He would still probably find a way to get around it. Plus it could be his child so-

"DID YOU REALLY JUST FUCKIN-" He shot up and looked at me with fury in his eyes, "DID YOU JUST SAY THAT BULLSHIT?!"

Oh my goodness.

"Babe-"
"I CANT BELIEVE YOU!!"
"But," I started to cry, "Baby-"
"WHAT?! YOU GONNA DIVORCE ME IF THAT'S HIS CHILD?!"

I rubbed my belly to try and calm me down, "No.. Ray I was just saying-"
"You've said enough!" He stormed out of the room and slammed the door. Then I heard the hotel room door slam.

I closed my eyes and rested my head on the headboard as tears flowed out. I couldn't stop crying. I just didn't want Meka to be locked away because when he gets out he's just gonna keep bothering us again. If we tell him he's not the father then he goes to jail, he'll come out and leave us alone... I would never divorce Ray.
Everything I do is wrong. I always say everything wrong..

What's wrong with me?