10

"Ray-"
"I CANT FUCKIN BELIEVE THIS SHIT!!" He quickly turned around and punched a hole in the wall.
"Ray please calm down - "
"HE WAS HERE!" He punched another hole, "HE WAS IN MY FUCKING HOUSE!! IN CALIFORNIA!"

I started to feel the baby kicking, "Ray I need you to calm down okay?"
Ray grunted and reached into his pocket, pulling out his phone.
"This guy's fuckin insane, Monroe!" He yelled.
"I know but-"
"If you had just let me kill him last night, we wouldn't be having this issue!"

I sighed, "Ray -"

He put the phone to his ear, "MEKA PICK UP YOUR FUCKING PHONE! I'M FUCKIN TIRED OF YOUR SHIT!"
"RAY STOP!" I yelled.
"WHY MONROE!?"
"PLEASE!" I started to feel light headed, what's going on.

"I'M TIRED OF YOU DEFENDING HIM!"
"RAY-" My energy to yell went away, "Ray I'm not trying to defend him."
He threw his phone across the hall,"THEN WHY THE FUCK WON'T YOU LET ME FIX THIS!?"

My breathing got heavier, "Do you not care about our child?"
"Of course I do! That's why I'm trying to get rid of him!! But you keep making it WORSE!"
"Ray please, not now."

I started to walk away. I didn't know where I was walking, but I was walking somewhere.
"ROE, COME BACK!" He yelled.

I ignored him.

"I'M SICK OF YOU LEAVING EVERY TIME THERE'S AN ISSUE! COME BACK!"

I kept walking until I reached a stair case going down. Why were these stairs so steep?
Why is everything going so wrong?
Why can't I breathe?
Why do I feel so hot?

"ROE!!!!"

-

Beep..
Beep..
Beep..
Beep..

"I think she's waking up."

Beep..
Beep..
Beep..
Beep..

"Wakeup sis.. We came to visit."

Beep..
Beep..
Beep..
Beep..

"Baby I'm so sorry for yelling."

I opened my eyes to be met with bright florescent lights. Where am I?

"You fainted," I heard Ray whisper.

I looked to my right and..
Oh my gosh!

I smiled so wide.
Ray was there...

With my sister and brothers!!

"Oh gosh Monroe!" My sister Adele yelled, "You had me worried sick!

My brother Sonny moved in front of her, "When we're you gonna tell us you moved to California!? NOBODY KNEW!"

"Yeah!" My brother Joe yelled, "Not to mention the fact that you're pregnant!?"

I sighed, I really should've told them.

"Monroe this is ridiculous," Joe said, "Why would you tell Jodie not to tell me? She's my daughter!"
I grabbed his hand, "How is she?"
He sighed and rolled his eyes, "Out with that thug boyfriend of hers. I don't even see her as much anymore."
"Aw!"

"Monroe," My sister cut in, "Why didn't you tell us?"
"Because... There's stuff going on that.. I'm just-"
Sonny out his hand on my belly, "Don't stress her out right now guys."

I breathed out in relief. Sonny's my little brother and always could tell when I don't wanna talk. Adele is my little sister, but I was always more like a second mom to her. Joe is older than me though, and I've always had a lot of respect for him.

"Hey, Ray?" Joe said, "Can we talk to you in the hall please?"
Adele chuckled, "I'm staying in here with Rowy"

When she called me that it warmed my heart. She and Sonny always called me that when we were kids.

Ray looked exhausted and slowly walked into the hallway, followed by Joe and Sonny.

"Sis, what's going on?" Adele asked as the door closed, leaving us alone in the hospital room.
"It's really something I don't want to talk about." She sighed in anger and rolled her eyes. "What?" I asked.

"I.. Monroe I try so hard to have a relationship with you."

My heart sank.

"You never reply to my texts, never answer my calls...I just want my sister back." A tear rolled down her face and I immediately reached to wipe it off.
"I don't want you to cry, Adele," I whispered.
"Why do you have to be so independent?"
"Im sorry."

She sniffed and grabbed my hand with her warm ones, then leaned onto my shoulder, "What happened, Monroe? I won't tell the boys, I promise."

I looked at her, "You promise? This is just between us."
"I won't tell."

I sighed, "Well,"

-

RAY POV

I walked out into the hall, I need a therapist. I've never been this stressed in my life... And I've never even met her siblings like this. I don't even know if they like me.
Sonny closed the door and I leaned my back against the wall. They both crossed their arms and stood in front of me.

"So," Joe said, "Do we need to kill you?"
I chuckled and looked at the ground, "No-"
"Cause I'll kill for Monroe, you hear me?"

I looked back up at him, "I will too."

Joe raised his eyebrows in shock.
"So," Sonny cut in, "Why didn't you tell us she was pregnant?"

"Because there may be conspiracy surrounding it," I replied.
"Conspiracy?"
I nodded, "Unfortunately, yes."

Joe stepped closer to me, "What kind of conspiracy?"

Should I tell them?
I know Monroe doesn't want me to...
But I'm too stressed for this..

"There's someone after Monroe," I spat out, "He wants to take her from me.. And he may have gotten her pregnant."

Their jaws dropped in shock, "She cheated on you?" Sonny asked.
"No."
"Well what happened?"

"You guys can't tell her I'm telling you this."
"We won't," they replied in unison.
"Just tell us please.." Joe replied lowly, "We're.. We're worried about her."

I looked at the worry in their eyes. They deserve to know.

I sighed, "Well.."

-

MONROE POV

The boys all walked back in right after I finished the story. Adele was still trying to hold back tears, and my brothers had an odd look in their eyes.

Either Ray told them or they saw a ghost.

"Hey Babe," Ray said, "I'm gonna get them a house to rent here until the baby comes."

I smiled, "Sounds good."

Suddely we heard a knock at the door, then the doctor came in.
"Hey Monroe!" She said, "Thankfully the baby is fine." Everyone let out a breath of relief.

"Thank God," Ray mumbled.

"But," the doctor said, "If you keep stressing yourself out like this you're gonna hurt your babygirl! So try and -"
"WAIT!" Ray yelled, "DID YOU SAY GIRL!?!"

The doctor gasped, "I'm sorry, did you not want to know?"
"YESS!" Ray yelled in joy, "I'M GONNA HAVE A BABY GIRL!"

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever!"

Everyone laughed as Ray walked over to me and kissed my forehead.
"Let's go home."