Prologue Pt. 1

"You really wanna do this right now, Denzel?!"
"I'm sorry!" He yelled, "I'm not trying to mess up your day, I'm just trying to help you."

He finished strapping up my wedding dress and sighed. It's only been a couple of weeks since Ray and I got engaged. But, we decided we may as well get married while we're in Dubai. It's beautiful here.

"Listen," He said, "I love you Roe. You're a great person and I only want the best for you." He was standing behind me as I looked at him through the full length mirror. All of my guests for the wedding were flown out here and waiting for me in the courtyard. I could see Ray standing at the alter through the window. He looks so amazing. I can't believe I'm marrying the most perfect man in the world.

"If you want the best for me," I argued, "You wouldn't be doing this on my wedding day."

"Roe you've only known him for a few weeks! How can you marry him this easily!"
"Denzel, stop!"
"You know I love Ray too. He's a great guy! I'm just saying that you're kinda rushing this. I have a horrible feeling and I don't know what it is... But I just think you should wait a little!"

I turned to face him, my white crystal dress dragging on the wooden floor. I could see Denzel was being genuine, but I'm not gonna cancel my fucking wedding.

"Denzel, just leave please."
"Monroe-"
"Just go downstairs and be a good groomsman, okay?"
"But-"
"WHAT!?" I yelled.
"MONROE IF YOU WOULD JUST LISTEN TO ME!"

"I DID LISTEN TO YOU! I JUST DON'T AGREE WITH YOU! I'M IN LOVE WITH RAY, SO JUST FUCKING STOP!!"
"MONROE I JUST DON'T FEEL RIGHT ABOUT THIS!"

"What do you want, huh?!" I walked closer to him, "You want me to not get married to the man I love? You want me to cancel this multi million dollar wedding and be alone and unhappy?!"

"No, Roe... I-"
"What?!"
He sighed, "I just don't want you to make a mistake."
"Well I'm not."
"But-"

"Denzel honestly, if you don't like it you can leave. I'll buy you a ticket back home."
"No Roe-"
"Then go! Stop trying to mess up my Day! This is My Day!"
"I understand."

"So leave! Thank you for helping me with my dress, you're dismissed."

He rolled his eyes and quickly walked out of the dressing room. I grunted and walked over to the couch, plopping down on it. I really don't need all of this stress on my wedding day. I don't regret any of this.

"Jodie!" I yelled to my niece. I heard the door open and her head popped in.

"Yeah?"
"Can you get me a glass of wine?" I don't know if it's illegal to ask a seventeen year old to get me alcohol or not, but whatever."
"Umm.. Where's it at?"

"On that table." I pointed to the small wooden table next to the door. She walked in and grabbed the glass, then quickly walked it over to me.

I smiled at her, she looked really cute in her white dress. She helped a lot with the wedding, especially with getting the kids together. I thought I was good with kids until I started planning for this wedding.

"Sit down." She handed me the red wine then sat next to me. "So," I started as I took a sip, "Do you have a boyfriend?"

She giggled and moved her hair behind her ear, "No, Auntie Jackson."
"Why?" I pinched her soft cheek, "You're a pretty girl."

She giggled again,"Thank you."
She's so cute, and reminds me of myself. I was never super close with Jodie and I usually only see her a couple times a year, but I love her anyways. I don't want her to have to go through the stuff I want through with men.