3

Ray came back in our bedroom after having a serious talk with our security. I could hear him yelling from all the way upstairs.
"You okay babe?" I asked.

He plopped down next to me and stared at the wall.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I didn't want you to-"
"Do you know how much of a bitch I feel like?" He uttered.

I gasped, "What do you-"

He turned to me,"I don't feel like a man. You're trying to take over this situation when you can't."
"Yes I-"
"No. You're pregnant and Meka is crazy. I need to be there for you. I need to protect you and my child, and you're not letting me do that."

"But I - "
"That's my job, Monroe. I'm supposed to protect you."

"First of all, you're gonna stop cutting me off," I demanded. He sighed and looked ahead of him. "Second of all," I continued, "I understand, and I'm sorry. I should've told you and you should be the first one I call when that kind of stuff happens."

He scoffed, "Yeah, no shit."

"Oh okay! Nevermind!"

He laughed, "Babyyy!"
"Nope!" I turned around in bed and closed my eyes.

He chuckled and kissed my neck softly.
"You're the best wife in the world," He whispered placing soft kisses along my neck.
"I better be."

He chuckled then sat up, "So what do you wanna do today?"
I scoffed, "Oh, I get to choose?"

Ray never let's me do anything fun anymore. He thinks sense I'm pregnant that I'm supposed to sit down all day and be pampered. Which was fine for the first few months, but now I just wanna go skydiving or something.
"What do you have in mind?" He asked.

"Hmmmm," I thought for a moment, "How about Rollercoasters?"
"No way!"
I slapped his shoulder, "Why?!"
"There's no way my wife and my daughter are going on a crazy machine that goes in loops and shit!"

"Your wife and your son, can do what they want!"
"YOU THOUGHT."
"Come on Babe!" I wrapped my arms around him and looked into his small eyes, "I wanna go to an amusement park with you!"

"I-I don't know babe."
"I won't ride any rides, okay?"
"But-"
"Yay!" I laughed and shuffled to the end of the bed.

"I didn't say 'yes'!" He yelled
"Well I'm going with or without you, so you gonna help me up or not?"
He grunted and hopped up, "I can't believe you." He pulled me up and we walked to the closet.

-

"I'm so excited!" I cheered as we got in the car, "I'm gonna ride the Craze-A-Nator!"
"I said we're not riding anything, babe."

I rolled my eyes as the driver started to pull off, "We'll see."
I noticed Ray looked odd. I couldn't make it out, but he had a look I've never seen before in his eyes.

"You okay, husband?"
He blinked and looked at me with a smile, "Yup! I'm fine."

I giggled and leaned onto his shoulder, "Whatever."

-

"Craze-A-Nator!" I yelled as we walked into the park.
"No!"
"Come on, babe!!!!"
"No!!"

I laughed and pulled Ray into the line for the ride. It wasn't long, so I was for sure getting on.
"Babe!" He yelled as we got closer to the gate to get on.
"Yup?"
"I-I don't wanna do this."

Oh my gosh.
The look in his eyes is FEAR!
MY BABY'S AFRAID OF ROLLERCOASTERS!

I giggled softly, "Are you scared baby?"
He rolled his eyes, "I've just never been on one before-"
"AWWWWWW!"
"Shut up!" He laughed as we got closer to the entrance man.

"Babe, I'll go on it with you."
"I don't know."
"It'll be fun!"

"Excuse me!" The man at the entrance said.
"Yes?" Ray replied.
"She can't get on the ride."

Ray looked at me, then looked at the man, "And why is that?"

"She's pregnant, right?"
I laughed, "No, I'm just fat."
He chuckled, "Sorry ma'am, Pregnant women can't ride this because it's too fast and there's sharp turns."

Awwww dammit
Whatever, gotta protect the baby.

"Welp that's nice to know!" Ray announced happily, "We'll just leave now and-"
"No Ray! You gotta go on still."
"WHAT?!"
I laughed and pushed him through the gate, "Have fun! I'll buy the video of your reaction!"

"No! Babe really!"
"Byeeeee!"
Ray grunted and slowly walked to the back of the Rollercoaster. He looked like he probably shit himself once the ride started. I walked to the exit and slowly started to make my way down the steps.

I haven't done this without Ray's help in so long.

"Need help?" I heard a man ask. I looked behind me.

Shit.

"No."
"Please, just let me help you."
"No."
"All the drama aside, just let me help you down the steps. You're pregnant, Monroe."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand, just because I would've probably fell because the stairs were so steep and wobbly.
"Do you feel okay?" He asked, "Is there anything you need?"
"How did you get here, Meka?"
"I saw your car on the highway and I followed you. I'm sorry, I just miss you."

We got to the end of the steps, but he didn't let go of my hand.
"Thanks for helping me," I said bitterly.
"Let me walk you to the bench." I looked forward to find an empty wooden bench ahead of us.

"Ray is gonna be done with the ride any minute now. He doesn't wanna see you, especially after you were in our house last night."
"I'm sorry, I just really want to give our child a toy from me."
"Meka," I sat on the bench, "This is the last time I'm telling you, it's Ray's baby."

"I researched exactly how much sperm is needed for effective insemination, and that's how much I put in you. It's my child."

I froze and hung my head down, I really have no idea whose baby I'm carrying.

"Monroe," He sat next to me, "We can run from him."
I rolled my eyes, "What?"
"We can go now. That's my baby and you know it. We have to raise it together. He's not here right now. We can leave, go buy a house somewhere, and be a family-"
"No, Meka!"

I closed my eyes and grunted. I'm so tired of this. I don't need him to be doing this again!

"Just go away!"
"What I do?"

I opened my eyes and Ray was standing in front of me. I looked around and Meka was gone.
"Um.."
"WAS HE HERE?!"
"Babe-"
"WAS HE REALLY HERE?! THIS DUDE IS INSAINE!"

"I just wanna forget about it, Ray."
"NO!" He started to pull his hair, "No.. NO!"
"Baby, it's okay. Relax."

"WE'RE LEAVING! " He yelled not caring who looked at us.
"Babe-"
"NOW!"