2

I took the hippo, walked to the window, and threw it outside. It landed in the bushes. I just didn't want Ray to find out. He already feels horrible about the rape situation, all he needs to find out is that Meka was in our house.

Or is in our house.

"Meka?!" I yelled.

Nothing.

I rolled my eyes then walked into the warm shower. 7 Days... Of course. I know my baby belongs to Ray, but still this is so crazy. I don't know how I would explain to my family that it's not Ray's baby.... I miss Denzel. He hasn't talked to me since the wedding. He kept telling me he had a bad feeling about our marriage... But maybe he had a feeling too about the Meka situation. Maybe I should tell him that I'm pregnant.

-

There's something about laying in bed naked after a shower...I love it.

Clothes are just in the way pretty much.

I heard Ray walk into our bedroom, then get in the shower. I hope he'll talk to me, he usually does before bed. He loves to talk to our baby.

I heard the bathroom door open after his shower, then Ray walk over to the bed. He laid next to me and pulled me into his arms.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you baby," He whispered, "I just felt so ashamed of myself for not protecting you."
I looked up at him,"It's not your fault, babe."

"Yes it is. How could I have not known Meka was in your loft at the time?"
"I didn't know either."
He sighed and stroked my hair, "I'm so sorry."

"I love you." I kissed his cheek and snuggled into his bare chest.
"I love you too baby," He replied, "and guess what?"
"What?"

"Even if the baby does belong to Meka, I'm still gonna be here. I'm still gonna love you and we're still a family."

That made me so happy to know he's not gonna leave me. I need him. I kissed him again, then closed my eyes.

-

"Baby you're doing so good!!" Ray yelled, "Just one more push!!"

I closed my eyes and pushed as hard as I could. With a loud grunt, I felt my baby come out of me...but I didn't hear crying.

"Oh my... " Ray mumbled.
"WHAT?!" I screamed.

"Call security!!!" The nurse yelled.
"Security?!" I sat up and looked at my baby that was laying on the table under me. It was a girl... With big black eyes.

"Hi," She said.

I instantly screamed.

"BABY!!! " Ray yelled.
"NO!" I yelled.
"BABY!! "
"THIS CANT HAPPEN!"

-

"Baby!!" I opened my eyes and Ray was leaning over me,  rubbing my cheek. "Baby it was just a dream, okay?"

I looked around as I tried to catch my breath. I felt Ray wipe my tears then kiss my forehead, "It was just a dream."

I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around Ray as I cried. That was the scariest thing that ever happened. Ray rubbed my back as I quietly cried myself to sleep.

-

~DAY 2~

Ray and I sat in the family room quietly. I definitely didnt feel like going to work. I watched Ray drink his coffee and read the news paper. He was wearing his light blue pajama suit and black house shoes, with a black pair of reading glasses... He's so annoying.
But it's cute.

I turned the television to Thug Life. It's this new show where they talk about different gang leaders. This episode they were talking about The Wolf. I already knew about him because we're from the same area. From what I've read about him, he's not the one to mess with.

"Even though he's one of the toughest gangsters in America, " The narrator said, "He has a soft spot when it comes to his girlfriend.. ."

A picture of The Wolf and a familiar looking girl came onto the screen.
"... They call her Princess Wolf, but she's not part of any violence that goes on."

"Hey Roe?" Ray said.
"Hm?"
"Isn't that Lil Jodie?"

I looked at the picture again.

Oh my gosh

"JODIE!" I yelled at the TV, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

When I told her I hope the first boyfriend she has is the one for her.. I ain't think she would date THE WORST MAN IN THE COUNTRY.

But I can't lie. Even though he has tattoos everywhere, The Wolf pretty sexy.

Ray laughed nonchalantly and sipped his coffee, "They're probably not dating. You know how the media will take a picture and totally twist the meaning around."

He's right, according to the media I'm a gold digger and Ray's sex slave.

Ha! Ray's my slave.

I looked at the picture on TV.. It had to be true. The look in Jodie's eyes was love. She really genuinely cared about that guy.

"Well," I said as I grabbed my phone, "She'll be needing a lawyer soon for him, so we'll be hearing from her soon enough!"

Ray laughed and folded up his news paper, "You're probably right."

I can't keep this from him.. I have to tell him about what happened yesterday.

"Hey babe, I gotta talk to you about something. "
He faced me with curiosity in his eyes,"Bout what?"

"Don't freak out, okay?"
"No promises."

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Ray is my husband, he has the right to know these things.

"When I left work yesterday, Meka was in my car."

I looked at Ray and he had pure insanity in his eyes, but was trying his hardest to hold it in.

"He gave me a hippo stuffed animal for the baby but I denied it. Then when I got home, the hippo was on our bed...But I threw it outside."

"Where did it land?" He spat out.
"Um..in the bushes under where our window is. Why?"

Ray shot up then pulled me up, "Because if it's not there anymore, that means he got into our property again to get it back."

He ran outside and I trailed behind him slowly. I'm too pregnant to be runnin around like that.

I got outside, and Ray was pacing back and forth along the bushes.
"Is it there?!" I yelled to him.

"No."