Chapter 11 : Picture cross

Start from the beginning

"I did not even touch her ", James words echoed in my mind, again, and again, the fact that he was lying was very clear for me and my doubt on him for making my sister pregnant was cleared too. I somewhat managed to find out all the pieces of the jigsaw. I now had to match them together to make a clear picture out of them.

I snapped every picture of them and then added all the pictures I took tonight in the safety deposit vault because Samarrah had this old habit of looking at my Albums. I had no idea about the new Sam but precaution is always better than cure.

I tried looking all around his cabin for assurance that I had left nothing important which could come in my use later and thankfully I had left no perks too of any clues for James to find out that I had been inspecting his cabin. I kept all his belongings in their respective places and assured myself twice before leaving his cabin.

I wanted to know everything about James because this guy was turning the element of mystery lately. I wanted to know why he lied in the first place, I wanted to know what was he planning against Mr. Reynolds, I wanted to know that did he have any idea regarding me as being Samarrah's older sister.

I walked through the hallway, the lights were dim as there were fewer people in the office. Most of them included the watchman and the cleaners. The elevator had me alone in it, I was scared a bit because I was the kind of girl who did believe in tooth fairies and haunting witches, Vampires and werewolves are highly fictitious though.

I gathered all the courage and went through the empty lobby and finally reaching the entrance sighed and wished the watchman goodbye. I took a taxi and finally reached home. I ate something first and then side hugged mom and kissed her good night.

I curled myself around my favorite fluffy teddy bear with thoughts that were confusing me. I couldn't sleep, I was continuously swiping over the pictures I collected lately. I just needed to talk with someone over it but at the same time, I didn't want Francis and Gina to worry for me. I wanted to tell Mr. Reynolds for not trusting his best friend so much but I knew he wouldn't believe me and term that picture-evidence as 'photoshopped' .

I kept my eyes closed for a while and just decided to stay silent and also feel the silence after having a chaotic life.

-Tring Trong-

I rubbed my eyes tightly which may have caused my kohl to smudge, I didn't wash my face nicely yesterday because I was in no mood for it so I hopped directly in bed. I didn't even realize when did I actually sleep cause I was awake till late overthinking about everything.

I added toothpaste to my brush before twirling it around my teeth. I observed myself carefully in the mirror whilst brushing, the area around my eyes was surrounded by a lighter shade of black, maybe because of dark circles or maybe because of the smudge due to black liner. I rinsed my mouth thoroughly and washed my face and rubbed the face-wash more around the dark area.

Hopefully, it turned into a lighter shade of black and the rest of the mark could be hidden with a bit of foundation. I got ready within 10 minutes and went downstairs. Mom and Samarrah were already leaving for the doctor's appointment.

"Good luck", I waved them goodbye.

"Breakfast is ready on the table, have a Good day baby", mom rushed while catching Sam's hand tightly. She felt weak lately and that was the reason mom treated her like a kindergarten kid.

I stuffed the scrambled eggs with folk in my mouth and drank the orange juice which mom left on the table for me to drink.

I carried my handbag on my shoulders and left for the office again. I had a day off from college thankfully so I decided to reach the office prior then the normal time I go.