Chapter 34- Torn Past

Ben's POV
I looked at Mal, she smiled at me, but didn't look happy. After the party I took her out for a walk.
"Mal, I know when you're happy and when you're not. Whats wrong baby?" I asked her. She looked down at the floor.
"I was hoping you didn't knotice..." tears formed in the corners of her eyes. "Ben.. It's hard to explain." I whiped the tears away and we sat down on the bench.
"Okay, well you don't have to say anything o f you don't want to." I told her but she shook her head.
"No. I need to tell you." she took a deep breath. "So, Ben, because of my newfound good... I am able to see the future, and the past, whenever I please." she paused and I took a minute to process this. "Ben, I can see what would have happened if I was good from the start.. What I can't see is us.." I stared at her. I couldn't believe this. "Ben.. If I was good from the beginning.. I wouldn't have ever ment anything to you.." Mal started ro cry and I pulled her into a hug. "But, the worst part is.. I have to... Battle my mother... If I want to survive, I have to battle her in the future. And I don't know if I survive." she starts to cry uncontrollably. I hate seeing her unhappy because it breaks my heart. I pull her into a hug and she starts to calm down.

Mal's POV
Ben's strong protective arms wrapped around me. I sat there letting him hold me for about half an hour. When I finally stopped crying I pulled out of the hug and looked up into Ben's eyes. We stood up and I wrapped my arms arount his neck.
"My king." I said and he smiled. He leaned down and kissed me. We started to walk down the path again. We were heading towards Rapunzel's castle but we didnt care, as long as we were together. We arrived at her castle and I found all of our friends there.
"Umm.. Ben what's going on?" I asked as we walked inside and he got down on one knee. I. Almost. Fainted.