16. Jealous

Slenderman shook his head. "It just doesn't make any since. Jane is a wonderful young lady...what business would she have killing one of our own proxies? Jane separated herself from Zalgo's army a long time ago just because she wanted to be a better proxie. If I remember correctly, Jane had a very good relationship with Toby, as well. The two of them laughed and always seemed happy around one another. But then there's the scenario that maybe she could have been jealous of Masky since he was with Toby. She could have wanted Toby for herself, and maybe she thought that since she couldn't have him, no one could."

Masky angrily stood, stomping out of the room and slamming the door shut. We all stayed silent for a moment. I sat on the floor beside master, my ears down and tail between my legs. Jeff looked angry and confused. He was good friends with Toby. Hell, everyone loved Toby no matter how annoying he could be at times. I gently wrapped my tail around Master's waist. He smiled sadly, petting it. Even though he had no eyelids and his cheeks were cut into a grin, everyone always knew what emothin he was feeling. It was like we all knew everything about one another no matter what. Like...a big family. Besides Rake, maybe...but you always had that one crazy person in your family. (I just made myself feel bad because I technically would be that one crazy person in the family lol)

I stood up slowly, gently pulling at Jeff's sleeve. "Master...i-it's time to go, now..."

Jeff sighed softly, standing up without a word. He picked me up and held me on his hip, walking out of the room. My tail wrapped around his thigh and I purred against his neck, falling asleep.

Another short chapter guys ;-;
Sorry I just have a looot on my mind right now including school, family, friends, relationships, etc... Maybe I can make the next chapter a bit longer.