Johnny

I angrily kicked the three in the lot as I kept thinking about the previous events. My parents just got done giving me a beating for forgetting to sweep the hallway. As I continued to kick the tree I heard a noise behind me. I turned to see a tan boy sitting about a yard away, watching me.

"What?" I snapped, though my voice cracked. He said nothing but quickly looked away. I looked at him for a moment and realized that he was shaking and clutching his jacket around him. He had a bruise on his cheek and I'm guessing there are more under his denim jacket. I pulled out a cancer stick and lit it as I slid down to sit under the tree.

"Are you okay?" The boy asked quietly, staring at his feet.

"I'm fine." I said as I looked at the sky, trying to count the stars. "What about you?" I asked as I glanced at him.

"Nothin I can't handle." He replied. "I'm Johnny." He introduced. I took my eyes off the sky to meet his. I stared at him and tried to decide if he was someone worth talking to.

"I'm (Y/n)." I said quietly, still unsure if I trust him.

"Do you want my jacket? You're shivering." I looked down at my arms to see I was indeed shivering.

"No, but thanks." I said as I took a drag of my cigarette. We sat in silence for a while but the wind blew harder and I grew colder. "Do you mind if I come sit by you?" I asked as I rubbed my arms. He rose his arm and nodded for me to come over. I quickly ran over to him and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. He seemed nervous as I laid my head on his chest. We talked for a bit when I felt my eyes growing heavier. "Why are you so nice Johnny?" I whispered. "I've never met someone as nice as you."

"I dunno." He shrugged. "Why do you count the stars?" I didn't reply but slowly fell asleep against his chest.

Later I was woken by two people talking. One of the voices being Johnnys and the other one I didn't know.

"Who's this Johnnycake?" The voice asked with a chuckle.

"Her names (Y/n), Dally." He said. "I don't want to leave her here though. Can we bring her with us?"

"I dunno Johnny..." This Dally character said. "You've only known her a night. Not even that."

"I trust her though." I heard a sigh before Johnny started shaking me to wake me up.

"Huh?" I asked pretending I just woke up.

"You wanna go to bucks? We can get you a room there." I looked up to see Dallas Winston standing beside us. I just nodded in response and Johnny stood and then helped me up. The ride to Bucks was silent as Dallas would every now and then glance at me, as if he were trying to figure something out. Once we got there Johnny stood beside me as we walked into Bucks.

"Here I'll get you a room, Johnny you can run up to my room." Dallas said as he led me down the opposite hall into a room. When we walked into the room I thanked him but he stared at me silently. "Don't take advantage of Johnnys kindness."

"I wasn't planning on it." I said quietly. "I really thought he would leave me in that lot." I admitted honestly. "I didn't know there were people as nice as him."

"I was the same." He said with a small chuckle. "He was so nice I almost didn't trust him."

"Exactly." I said with a giggle.

"Stay with him." He said. "Y'all would be cute together." And with that he left. I thought through what he said and then decided. I'm definitely staying."