Ponyboy *requested*

This was requested by @sophie_dallas. I hope you like it(:

It's been three days since Pony got back. Three days since Johnny got hurt. Three days since the church fire. I'm extremely happy he's back but he's not the same. He doesn't talk to me as much, he's distant.

"Hey Babe." I smile and walk up to Pony. We're going to the nightly double.

"Hey." He's says and doesn't bother to even glance at me.

"How's your day been?" I asked.

"Fine." He replied. As much as I try to talk to him he just doesn't want to or didn't seem interested. So we just walk. He doesn't even grab my hand like he usually does. When we finally get there and sit down he gets up. "I'll be right back."

"Alright." I smiled. "I'll go get some popcorn and drinks." He nodded in reply before walking away quickly. As I'm in line at the concession stand I looked outside to see Pony talking to Cherry and I immediately got self conscience. 'Why is he taking to her? Is he cheating on me? It's probably nothing. I'm just overthinking.' I thought to myself as I walked back to our seats with the food and drinks. The movie had started by the time Pony got back.

"Sorry I took so long." He mumbled as he sat down.

"It's fine." I said quietly. We said nothing throughout the movie. He didn't grab my hand or put his arm around my shoulder. It felt awkward. Never in my life have I felt awkward around Ponyboy. Once the movie was over he walked me home, and if I thought the movie was awkward then this felt as if I were walking with someone I never laid eyes on. When we got to my house I gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Night." He mumbled as he looked at his surroundings for some reason.

"Night Ponyboy." As I said that he looked right at me with a confused expression. I never call him by his full name. I then walked into the house as he stared at me.

"How'd your date go?" My brother, Two-Bit, asked as he walked into the living room.

"Awful." I said as tears started streaming down my face. I tried to walk past him into my room but he grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me into a hug.

"What happened, baby sis?" He asked with concern written on his face.

"It was just awkward!" I exclaimed. "We barely talked, he didn't hold my hand even once, and I think he likes Cherry!" By the time I got to Cherry I was sobbing. "I don't think he loves me anymore."

"Calm down and breathe." Two-Bit soothed. "I'm sure everything's fine. He's probably just worried about the rumble and Johnny. There's no way he don't love you anymore. You're his world! He says it all the time!"

"Then why is he talking to Cherry so much?" I cried.

"I'm sure it's nothing okay. Just trust me." He said giving me a smile.

"Okay." I agreed.

**Ponyboys POV**

There's so much happening and I don't know what to do. My head is spinning and I feel like I'm going insane. The rumble isn't going to help anything. It's not gonna bring Bob back to life and it's not gonna heal Johnny. I finally decided to roll out of bed and ignore all of my thoughts. I got to the kitchen to see all the boys eating breakfast but Sophie isn't there? That's weird. She loves hanging with the gang. Everyone looked at me when they heard me walk in.

"We need to talk." Two-Bit said with a serious look on his face. Two-Bit is only serious about three things. Mickey Mouse, his mom, and Sophie. I nodded nervously as I followed him outside to the porch.

"Poor kid," Steve whispered. "Dieing so young."

"What's wrong on with you?!" Two-Bit asked angrily as we got outside. I started stuttering as I didn't know what to say. "I don't care what's going on nothing gives you an excuse to be distant, push away, or basically ignore your girlfriend! My little sister!" He yelled. "She's someone you can talk to! Vent to! She's there to help you and be there for you!"

"I didn't realize I was being that distant." I said quietly.

"Well you have been! And leaving her to talk to Cherry while on a date?!" I heard gasps and we turned to see the gang watching through the window. When we saw them they all turned to act as if nothing happened. "I don't care if it was only a minute that's not okay!" He yelled. "She's scared to death that you ain't in love with her anymore." He whispered the last part.

"What?" I choked out. "I love her more than I can comprehend! She's my world!" I said as I felt a tear fall down my face.

"Then go tell her." Two said. "Before she does somethin' you'll both regret." As soon as he said that I started running to their house. Times like this I'm glad I do track. As soon as I got there I knocked on the door a million times. Sophie opened the door with puffy eyes.

"I love you so much!" I immediately wrapped her in a tight hug. "I'm so sorry I haven't been talking to you! I don't like Cherry! We only talk about Bob or the rumble!"

"It's alright." She whispered in my ear as I sobbed into her shoulder. "I just wanted you to talk to me." We stood in the doorway for what felt like forever as I cried and she rubbed my back. I started saying everything I've been feeling and all of my thoughts.

"I love you." I said hoarsely. "More than you'll ever know."

"I love you too" she smiled and kissed my lips. She pulled me into the house and we watched cartoons for the rest of the day. It's nice to have someone that I know will always be there for me.