Fight over you Steve & Soda

I was walking past The Dingo with a cigarette in hand only to drop it moments later to the sound of someone yelling 'Boo!' into my ear.

"You scared me!" I laughed, turning to see Two-Bit behind me. He cackled loudly as he fell into step beside me, picking my cigarette off the ground and placing it in his mouth.

I groaned in disgust, rolling my eyes.

"Where ya headin'?" He asked, breathing out the smoke.

"The Curtis'. You?" I asked.

"Looks like you just gained yourself a walking buddy!" He teased, slinging an arm around my shoulder. I leaned into his embrace, glad for the company through town.

It didn't take long to reach the Curtis', and I was surprised to hear a screaming match coming from inside.

"Is that Steve and Soda? What on earth could they be screaming about?" I wondered to Two-Bit.

"Oh, you'll find out soon enough," he scoffed with an eyeroll.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked at him but he only shrugged me off and told me not to worry about it. As we swung the screen door open and walked into the house silence filled the house. Soda and Steve glanced at us before deciding to sit on opposite sides on the couch. Two-Bit snickered before settling on the floor in front of the TV.

"What's up with y'all?" I asked, laying down on the couch. I propped my head in Sodas lap and my feet in Steves.

"Nothing," they both muttered, sending each other death glares.

I immediately regretted my decision in seating as I could feel the tension in the room growing by the second.

"Hey, Darry you wanna get me a slice of cake?" I asked, trying to break at least some of the tension.

"Why don't you get your own cake?"

"I'm comfy!" I pouted. "Please? I'll love you forever!"

Darry laughed before standing up and walking to the kitchen. I looked back at Steve and Soda onky to.find their glare had shifted to Darry.

"Oh my God, what is wrong with y'all?"

I sat up and stared at the two boys with furrowed brows. They both avoided my gaze, staring at random spots in the room.

"Whatever," I muttered, "until you guys and figure out a solution to your problem I'm gonna be in the kitchen with the other boys."

I thanked Darry for the cake and kissed him on the cheek before joining Dally, Johnny, and Pony at the dining room table. They were playing some card game I couldn't care less about but anything was better than dealing with whatever was happening in the living room.

"You know why they're fighting, right?" Dallas asked.

"Obviously not. Would you like to shed some light on the subject?"

"Dally, stop," Pony tried to warn.

"No, I'm tired of hearing about it," Dally snarked. "They both like you and they've been arguing about it for weeks."

"Are you serious? That's what they've been arguing over?" I groaned, a little too loudly I assume, as soon the two boys were storming into the kitchen.

"You loud mouth!" Steve growled at Dallas who flipped him off in return.

"Well, what do you think then? Soda asked, looking at me. "Who do you like more?"

I was speechless for a moment as he put the decision in front of me. Who's to say that I want to date either of them?

"I'm not entertaining this," I said, rolling my eyes.

"C'mon just pick one. You gotta like at least one of us?" This time it was Steve who pushed the choice.

"No, I don't."

"Why not?"

"Because! I like Two-Bit!"

The house turned silent once more. I felt my face heat up at the revelation I hadn't intended on sharing. I crossed my arms, shying away from.the several stares that landed on me.

"You like me?" Two-Bit asked, shocked. I could only nod in response as I waited for the rejection I was sure was to follow. "Well, damn baby! You should've said somethin' earlier!"

"Really?" I blushed.

"Yeah! I never would've thought I had a chance with you!" He laughed, lifting me into his arms and spinning me around the kitchen. I couldn't help but laugh with him as my arms wrapped around his neck.

He placed me back onto the ground before quickly locking his lips with my own.

I giggled before pulling away, I don't wanna kick Steve and Soda while they're down. 

"We should go somewhere a little more private I think," I whispered to him.

"Yeah, let's get outta here, baby," he winked at me, interlocking his fingers with mine.

I tugged him out of the Curtis household as all of the other boys stared on in shock. Nobody expected me to pick Two-Bit Matthews.