Ponyboy part 2

It's a month after my encounter with the Curtis boys in the grocery store. I've been slowly moving on and I feel much better now. I just woke up to the annoying shrill of my phone ringing in the living room.

"(Y/n)." I heard my brother groan from down the hall. "Answer the phone."

"Why do I have to get it?" I yelled out.

"Because I work for a living and you don't." He replied. I groaned and rolled out of bed without answering him. I trudged my over to the phone and flopped into the recliner while answering it.

"Hello?" I mumbled into the phone.

"Why can't I stop thinking about you?!" A voice cried into the phone. Since I had just woke up it took me a minute to recognize the voice as Ponyboys.

"I don't know." I sighed in response. "I'm not in your brain." I started smiling, knowing he felt the pain I did.

"Oh, but you are!" He said with a sarcastic laugh. "I broke up with her a week after I saw you. I can't get you out of my head! I need to see you again." He said the last sentence quietly. I then started feeling bad. To feel that way is terrible and I know it. Should I give him another chance?

"I don't know." I said just as quiet. "I don't wanna get hurt like that again."

"I promise I'll never do something like that again!" He said quickly. "I just don't think I can go any longer without you."

"Alright." I agreed. "Meet at the Tasty Freeze at noon?"

"Yes! I'll be there!" I could tell he was smiling by the tone of his voice. I hung up the phone after saying bye and looked at the clock. It's five in the morning. Might as well get some more sleep.

Once it was noon I had gotten dressed was already on my way to the Tasty Freeze. When I got there I looked around to see Pony already there, sitting at one of the high tables by the window. I felt a small smile tug at my lips as I walked over to the table.

"Hey." I said quietly gaining his attention.

"(Y/n)!" He said with a giant smile. I just realized how much I missed that smile. I jumped up into the seat across from him. "How are you?"

"I'm fine." I replied with a small grin. "How about you?"

"I'm alright I guess." He answered. Then we went into a kind of awkward silence.

"So, what did you want to see me about?" I asked with a smile.

"Umm I really miss you." He started. "and I would really love if you would give me a second chance.

"Pony." I sighed and saw him look at me with hopeful eyes. "I don't think I'm ready."

"Will I ever have another chance?" He asked.

"Look," I said wile grabbing his hands. "Let's just be friends for now. See where it goes from there?"

"I think I could do that." He smiled.

"Alright." I smiled happily. "Wanna start with lunch?"

"Of course." He responded.

**Ponys POV**

I walked home after lunch to see Soda sitting in the living room with Dally and Johnny.

"How'd it go?" They all asked anxiously.

"We're just friends." I said and all of heir faces dropped. "It's better than nothing." I reassured. "She said we'll see where it goes."

"Look Pony.." Johnny started but was interrupted by the phone ringing. Soda jumped up to answer it.

"Hello... Oh hey.... Yeah... I'll tell him...bye." Soda smiled as he hung up the phone. "Well, you're going to (Y/n)s house tomorrow for a study date."

"Date?" I laughed.

"Well that's what it'll be eventually." I couldn't help but smile. Hopefully this is going somewhere.