Steve

Steve has been trying to get me to go out with him for a couple of months now. He's a great guy and I love hanging out with him but I don't know how many times I'm gonna have to tell him that dating isn't my thing. He is a persistent little bastard. Right now I'm on my way to the DX with my best friend Allie. I hope Steve isn't working today.

"I think you should go out with him." Allie told me. Again. She really wants this to happen.

"I like him. He's a cool guy. I just don't like dating." I always reply with this and she hates it.

"Just try it out!" I rolled my eyes.

"Alright. I'll think about it." Allie smiled and got really excited. For the rest of the way to the DX she wouldn't shut up about it. "Why are we even coming here?"

"My dad wants me to check up on his car." Her dad races cars. The car she's talking about is gonna take a while to fix. It's completely demolished. Allies parents are dirty rich but they live in the middle class. They don't like to flaunt their money.

"How long has he had in the shop?" I asked.

"A few days. It's not gonna have much done." She rolled her eyes. She probably didn't really wanna come. "But my dad said that if I came he might get me that really cute shirt I saw the other day." We walked into the DX and saw Soda sitting at the counter reading a magazine trying to ignore the girls. Usually he eats up the attention. He must not feel well.

"Hey (Y/n). Hey Allie." He said lookin' up at us. "Steves in the back with your dads car Allie. (Y/n) can I talk to ya?"

"Sure." I replied and walked over while Allie went out to the garage. He went to speak but then looked at the girls around him.

"Alone?" He groaned and the girls left. "Do you like Steve?" He asked once they were all gone.

"I don't know." I answered honestly. "Why?"

"Y'know he's gonna ask you out until you say yes." he smiled.

"Is he gonna ask me today?"

"I don't think so but he will again soon." He laughed.

"Okay." I smiled and went to the garage. "Where's Steve?" He wasn't anywhere in the room. All of a sudden he came up behind me, picked me up, and started spinning me around.

"I'm right here." He smiled.

"I can see that." I laughed.

"What're those scars on your back from?" He asked as he walked back over to the car.

"You didn't know those were there?" I laughed.

"No!"

"I used to go to this fighting ring back in Chicago. Well during one of my fights the girl pulled a switch out. And you can guess the rest."

"I didn't know you did that. Ain't those things illegal?"

"Yeah I only fought a few times. And yeah they are."

**Steves POV**

I was completely surprised when (Y/n) told me that. I really shouldn't have been though. She's a badass. She's kinda like Dally. She lived with her dad up in Chicago she got tired of him drinking and having to take care of him so she moved down here with her mom. Allie had to go and tell her dad the update on the car. (Y/n) said she would stay for a while longer.

"So." I said after it had been quiet for a minute.

"So?" She giggled.

"Wanna go to the Dingo after this?" I smiled. She'll probably turn me down but I'll ask her out until she says yes.

"I don't know." She looked like she was thinking about it. That's a step up. "I'm not very good with relationships."

"I'm sure you're great with them." I said as I grabbed her hand.

"That's not what I meant." She said quietly while looking at our hands.

"What do you mean?" I don't know if she'll tell me. She's a very private person. She doesn't like to be in vulnerable situations.

"I'm broken." She whispered. "And not like these cars." She pointed to the few cars in the garage. "I can't be fixed." I felt a tear fall onto my hand. I lifted her chin up.

"I can love you the way you are. Broken or not."she stared at me for a minute then smiled.

"You're somethin' else Steve Randle." She laughed. "I'll go on a date with ya."

"After this? Or do you wanna go home and clean up?" I smiled.

"We'll go after this. Grease and all." She kissed my cheek. The rest of our day together was great. She agreed to go out with me at the date. When I was on my home, after I got done walkin' her home, I couldn't help but wonder. Did Dally ever cry like she did? Was he broken too? Or was I wrong about her being like him? I don't know. I'm just happy I found the one.