Chapter 6

The dried tears stuck to my face after about an hour or two of sitting on the cold, hard bathroom floor. I had finally run out of tears that have been built up for days.

I looked down at my arm, studying the cut from a few hours earlier. I went deeper than usual this time, a deeper, cleaner cut. If I would have went any deeper I probably wouldn't be here. Seeing how easy it is to take my life made me realize, what make me stop instead of going all the way and ending all the pain and problems?

Zeke.

I didn't realize Zeke was in the back of my mind this whole time. His words meant so much to me and I didn't even realize it. Someone in this world really does care about me. Somebody in this world really does know I exist. Someone actually thinks I have a purpose.. and that's all I need as a reason not to kill myself. Then it hit me that Rosemary is there for me too, I can't just leave her without any protection, that would just make everything worse. My parents would make everything harder on her because I would have left her without any protection. 

Smack.

The sound of mom's belt, followed by Rosemary's bloodcurdling cries rang down the hallway. Jumping to my feet and grabbing my jacket I ran down the hallway as fast as I could. Scream after scream, my mom didn't know when to stop. Rosemary is only 9, she doesn't understand most things, that's why I do her chores for her, yet she gets beaten for it when it really should be me. 

Bursting the door open, it slammed against the wall, creating a hole where the doorknob hit. Rosemary's red, crying face turned to my attention, as did my moms furiating face. 

"Where have you been?!" Mom said turning around.

"I-"

"No excuses. Where the hell have you been?!"

"I've been cleaning the bathroom.."

"Whatever, just start the laundry, and take that damn jacket off, you wear it 24/7." 

"I'll put it in the wash later.."

"No, take it off now." She commanded sternly.

"Why?"

"Because I said so, that's why."

Why did she want me to take my jacket off? Now what was I going to do? She was going to see the scars, the pain and everything she has caused, bruising my body. That's probably what she wants to see, so she can stand back and smirk at her work so far. She loves torcher, I love pain because I have to, I learned to love the pain.

"TAKE IT OFF," She started to raise her belt slowly.

What am I supposed to do? She's just going to hurt me even more if I do take it off... Once she sees her and my dad weren't the only ones abusing my body, who knows what they'll do next.

I slowly slid the jacket sleeve off of my shoulder, eventually making it drop to the ground, the sound of the hard, metal zipper hitting the floor was the only sound in the room. I did it. I revealed my scars to my mom... bad idea.