Chapter 2

I finally finished the floors, the last all of my chores.

I needed to get back up to Rosemary, I don't trust leaving her alone for this long. Especially when I don't know where my parents are.

"Stop! Stop!" Rosemary's bloodcurdling screams came from upstairs. "Mommy stop!"

I dropped everything was putting up and ran upstairs. There was no way I was going to let her beat Rosemary for something she didn't do.

"I told you to do your chores 10 minutes ago!" Smack. The sound of the belt against Rosemary's skin made me flinch.

"Mom! I did her chores for her today. She said she wasn't feeling good." I messed with the sleeves of my jacket, making sure they were covering my scars.

"Did I ask for your opinion?!" She turned back to Rosemary and brought the belt up, about to smack her with I did something I will probably be killed for. I snatched the belt out of her hands.

She turned around to face me, eyes widened.

"Getting a little courageous today.. aren't we?" She grabbed my arm and squeezed with a death threatening grip. I bit the inside of my lip, trying to hold in the screams of pain. She quickly snatched the belt and started walking out the door.

As soon as the door shut I ran over to Rosemary, who sat there staring at me in awe.

"You didn't have to do that, Em." She hugged me tightly.

"Yeah I did. She could have seriously hurt you." I stroked her hair as she silently cried into my shirt. "Rose, don't worry. It'll be okay."

"I know it will, I just want to know when."

"Me too, kiddo, me too." She than began sobbing, harder and harder.

"Em, I hear you say you want to end your life all the time, but you can't leave me here alone, I need you."

"Rosemary, listen to me. I'm not going anywhere." I made her look me directly in the eyes. "I will always be here for you. Don't you every think that I won't be here for you, not for one minute." She slowly nodded, showing me she understood. Tears still rolling down her cheeks. I didn't even know I was crying until I tasted the salty tear on my lip.

"Em?"

"Yeah?"

"Why us?"

"I don't know Rose. We didn't do anything to deserve this."

I hugged her again.

"Now go take your shower, I'll make sure they don't come upstairs."

She simply nodded her head and got up to go down the hallway to the bathroom.

"Emberlynn Khloe Miller! You can't do anything right!!" Mom yelled from downstairs as I heard her heavy footsteps coming up the stairs and down the hallway to my room.

--------------------------

Now you see the relationship between Emberlynn and Rosemary. But if I was in the same situation, I would be as overprotective of my little sister as she is.

Commenting encourages chapters ;D