Chapter 9 : Party Party Party!

Start from the beginning

"What's your good name?" he questioned me.

"Amanda Waters ", I replied.

"I'm Joseph Henry", he answered without a favorable question.

He rested his hands on my back. I curled my hands around his neck, whilst staying careful with the distance so that it looked decent and I felt right.

We danced for approximately five minutes and then I heard "Can I borrow her, gentleman", Mr. Reynolds tried side parting Joseph in a friendly manner, yet his pull was full of aggression.

"Of Course , she's all yours", Joseph handled my hand on Mr. Reynolds's hand, just like how a father places his daughter's hand intertwining with the groom's.

"Stop getting intimate at this party ", Mr. Reynolds turned me around while dancing, but first assured himself that Joseph was completely out of his sight.

"It was just a dance ", I tried offending "He was the one who asked me for the dance anyways, I feel this is such an irrelevant topic to fight upon"

"And then you decided to do justice to the word 'whore' "

"What the fuck, are you labeling me a whore?" I questioned disheartened while curling my hands around his back. I had to do it no matter how much I didn't want to, we were yet on the dance floor.

"You were the one who encouraged me to ", He caught my right hand with his left, way too tight and aggressively, turned me around and whispered in my ears "Don't you understand, he asked you for a dance to get access to some confidential information of our business", Mr. Reynolds was a big-time pessimist.

"I really thought it was a genuine one", I defended myself.

"This attitude of yours could result in great losses, Miss Waters ", he pulled me close in a harsh manner. I could feel his rough manly hands on my back. It was hurting me but I continued dancing anyways. They say that eventually, things turn out to be okay, well in my case our start was a forlorn one in which things got worse was constant.

"I apologize ", I could feel his breath. Our nose collided while we danced and my cheeks kind of turned red.

"Better be ", he moved his hands from my waist to my neck. Flashbacks filled with memories were bouncing in my head. How we danced together at Mr. Linley's anniversary party. How we acted like husband and wife. The thought of us kissing each other always created chaos in my stomach.

We continued with the dance. The Mayor took over the stage, cleared his throat, and called the attention of all the people.

"So we all have gathered here in the honor of a living legend ", he pointed towards Mr. Reynolds, everyone started looking at us, and I could feel the limelight. Some people even mistook me as Mr. Reynolds's love interest to which I could only laugh secretly in my head.

Mr. Reynolds raised his brows, took footage whilst tightening his tie. He turned his eyesight around to catch up with people gazes towards him. He was totally enjoying it, who wouldn't?

"So here's a toss for him", the mayor removed the cap of the champagne after tossing it in the air. Everyone raised their glasses in the air and shouted "to Mr. Aaron Reynolds", before drinking it. I had to do it too no matter how much I didn't want to.

"Here's a small token of appreciation for you, sir ", the mayor cleared his throat and came towards us with a really cute and gigantic flower bouquet. It was the biggest one I had seen to date. It had all kinds of flowers in it, it was like a flower garden having a small amount of every kind of flowers in it.

"Thank you, much-appreciated love", Mr. Reynolds took the bouquet in his hands with a calm and pleasant look. No, he didn't smile. He never smiled, so people near him never expected him to smile too.