Chapter 62 - Flashbacks. High schools a bitch.

Tori had been sitting for nearly an hour, her eyes flying from Caleb and Michael as they sarcastic told each other off, in mid argument.

"The situation has never been good when your around!" Caleb told Michael, making him chuckle. "Okay, sure." Michael sighed. "You betrayed her trust, after everything she went through for you and then you cant even give her the decency to let her live her dream?!" Caleb pointed to him.

"Hey, that isnt your concern! Dont ever bring up our tricky past" Michael told Caleb off. "Tricky past? Who made it like that? Its all down to you! You still the same poisonous bastard!" Caleb shouted.

"OI!" Tori shouted. The guys stared at each other angrily.

"Caleb, Michael is not poisonous" Tori told him. "Are you seriously happy with him? Even after everything?" Caleb asked her. "I wouldnt be here if I wasnt." Tori sat up. "No matter how hard, our past was I love him...Michael knows that" She smiled over to Michael, to see him already smiling at her.

"And I love Tori. I dont know why people have such a fucking hard time grasping that" Michael told Caleb. "Okay, we arent exactly the best for each other...but everyone has their own ways in relationships" Tori nodded. "So....you'll just go to New York, and wait for the next phone call from him telling you who, he grasped the night before?" Caleb mocked.

"Chill it dude, I mean it" Michael told him pissed. "What you gonna do? Punch me?" Caleb asked. "Guys! Enough!" Tori stood up.

"Look, I've done nothing but sit there for an hour and listen to you two bitch and moan like damn well sixteen year old girls, fighting over whos prom date is who!" Tori told them both off. "Im sick and tired of it! Caleb, I know you didnt come here to fight...its like seeing you two in school again." Tori tutted. "He started it" Michael pointed, shaking his head.

"Im trying to sort it. Its always you who starts is Michael." Caleb told him. "If Tori didnt want to be here, she wouldnt. She's not the type of person to hang around somewhere where she doesnt want to be around" Michael told him. "Yeah, and your keeping her here with your guilt. ' Oh dont leave me '" Caleb mimicked.

"Watch it buddy!" Michael warned him. "Shut up!" Tori raised her voice. "Your like children! Get this this straight, I love that idiot" Tori looked at Caleb, but pointed to Michael. "I'm here, and I came here because I wanted too. Having the choice between staying in Chicago with Ryan or traveling the road with Michael...I'd pick Mikey a hundred times round!" Tori told them.

"If we could do over our past, I'd still bitch about working with him in high school but I'd do it all over again!" Tori nodded. "Yeah, okay. We're a fucked up pair, and it all started by stupid sex...but hey news flash Caleb, the only time I've been truly hurt was he cheated. That was all! Last time I checked, it wasnt anyone's business but Michael and I's"

"People think I wasted my time on him in school, but for a fact...I know high school would've been so fucking hard without him. Senior year, I thought I was stressed out because of him. Turns out, I realized I felt stressed when he wasnt around. Stupid fights, arguments...we had it all but I...I will never stop loving him!"

"That may be fucked up but thats how it is! So dont come over here, accusing him of tricking me into the guilt trip because its me too! As soon as everyone realizes that...the better!" Tori told them, pissed off and upset. Storming past the both of them, she walked up the stairs before slamming the door shut.

Michael sighed, as he sat down on the chair behind him.

"That could've went better" He then told Caleb. "Y'think?" Caleb asked sarcastically as he sat down opposite him. "...You love her right? But its a hard thing to ask to into the public eye with you Michael" Caleb told him. "She'll be giving up her life, to cameras, paparazzi, news people...she'll be out in the open, vulnerable. Can you promise, you'll always be by her side, protecting her?" Caleb asked.

"More than normal!" Michael nodded. "What about if you guys have a fight, or break up? She'll be all over gossip sites, rumors, possible fans hating her..." Caleb told him. "That wont happen" Michael told him. "You think we arent plastered over gossip sites and that? No rumors about us?" Michael asked. "Exactly, so once they put Tori into the equation..." Caleb nodded.

"So I've got to give up the person I love because there's people throwing bullshit around?" Michael asked. "The both of you tried long distance...look where that got you" Caleb scoffed. "I was..." "Yeah, yeah, you were drunk. So what! Get over yourself. Intoxicated or not, the back of your mind wasnt caring about Tori, or anything but yourself!" Caleb told him.

"Look...I didnt come here to pick fights. Tori's right. I'm staying at a hotel down the road...tell her that. Remember though, after everything the two of you have been through...if you love her. You'll let her go to New York" Caleb stood up and headed to the door. "Caleb you...can stay here. There an extra room" Michael shrugged.

"Its cool, thanks though...I think I'll speak to Hanna before moving in for the night" Caleb half smiled, before turning. "...Everyone thinks I just say that about Tori. I do love her Caleb...I tried so hard to let her dad know that too...even herself." He sighed.

Caleb nodded as she turned to him. "I know you do....have you ever wondered why she gets bitchy or jealous?" Caleb then asked. Michael frowned a little as he listened. "She's jealous because she cares. She accuses you because she's been hurt...she asks the same questions because she needs reassurance. Tori does it all, because she cares Mikey..." Caleb sighed.

Michael stared at him.

"I know you'll do the right thing." Caleb nodded once, before turning and leaving. Michael thought for a second. He stood up, as he felt pain in the inner corners of her eyes. He took a breath, before wiping his eyes and heading upstairs.

Knock, knock.

"Tor..baby..." Michael sighed, before opening the door. Tori lay on the bed, with her back to the door laying on her stomach. Walking in, he closed the door before walking over to her and sitting down. "Hey..." He smiled, as he took some hair away from her face.

Tori sniffed as she looked up at him. "Caleb's left. He told me to tell you that he's in the hotel down the road" Michael told her. Nodding a little, Tori sniffed again. Tori then began to sit up, as he wiped her cheek. Michael put his arm around her, as she hugged into him. Michael put his chin on the top of her head, prepping himself up to speak.

Keeping calm, and trying not to let the tears show in his eyes he took a small breath.

"Go to New York" He simply told her. "What?" She asked. "You need to go...its your dream." Michael told her nodding. Tori let him go as she looked up at him. "Are you serious?" Tori sat up and asked him. "Why are you asking me? Its your decision, and I'm not turning us into a guilt trip" Michael told her with half a smile.

Tori smiled, as she sat her hand onto his cheek. "We're not a guilt trip." She told him quietly, before he leaned in and kissed him. Michael kissed her back, before he bit her lip softly as he pulled his head back. Hugging her again, he sighed. "I love you" He told her. "...I love you too" Tori smiled.