Chapter 29 - I will not choose.

"Hold on, where are you going?" Ryan asked, as Tori packed a small case. "I'm going away...to try and get my mind on the writers path" She told him, as she folded some shirts. "Where? Tori, your just back from Ohio and now your leaving to go to...you wont even tell me!" He stood behind her. "Because I don't even know yet!" Tori told him, as she sighed. Obviously lying. She couldn't very well tell her boyfriend, she was going away with her ex and his friends.

"Well...I...Tori, how am I supposed to react to this?" He asked, with a small chuckle. "Your supposed to be on my side, Ry" She turned and faced him. "Babe, your back what...three days? Now your going away again. When will you be back?" He asked. "I don't know!" She threw a shirt into her case, before she faced him again. "Ryan...this is about my writing. I want to be known for it, it's my passion and I need to get clear head space" She told him.

"Whats wrong with her? I'm here..." He told her, wrapping his arms around her. Tori sighed, as she put her chin onto his shoulder as he knelt down more to her height. "I need new opportunities. I cant just go to the park Ryan for ideas. I need...no sites, scenes...people" She bit her lip as she moved her head and looked at him. "I need to do this...and if your on my side, you'll help me" She turned back around and picked up a band shirt before folding it up.

Sighing Ryan walked over to the bed and sat down. "Why do you still wear these?" He asked, picking one up. "Its what I wear...you wear them" She told him. "I know but...I didn't buy mine when I was 18" He smirked. Tori looked at him as she grabbed it from him. "I bought it a few months ago!" She tutted before folding it and putting it into her case. "Can you still remember when you were 18?" She mocked as she picked up her makeup case.

"Very funny babe." He looked at her with a straight face. "I should be the one that has a problem with age" He chuckled. "Guys go for younger girls." She told him. "Not all the time" He nodded. "Girls is a girls to guys...babe" She mocked as she packed some of her makeup away. "Talking of age...will you be back for my birthday?" He asked. "Ryan its like...six weeks" She sighed. "What if your not back by then?" He asked her. "Your talking like I'm leaving, and not going to see or hear from you." She looked at him.

"I want you there. We'll be going out, its special" He told her. "Turning 26 isn't special" She told him with a smile. "Every birthday is special" He told her. Tori put the rest of her makeup into her case, then looked at Ryan as he eyed it all up and down. Sighing, she closed over her case and zipped it up. "You've got to stop that...that's a new thing you've started" She told him. "What?" He asked. "Judging me, and my ways" She took her case from the bed and stood it up. "I don't judge you!" He told her offended.

"My eyeliner, my shirts...my makeup" She listed off. "I'm not judging you. Your the one being different over these past few weeks" He told her. "How so?" She asked. "Well ever since you've been away, you've had more attitude, wearing more makeup...like the way when we first met..." He told her. "Is that a bad thing? I'm being me!" She scoffed. "No your being your teenage you" He told her nodding. "Oh well, I am sorry if that bothers you!" She tutted, as she grabbed her case and wheeled it into the living room area.

"Babe..." Ryan sighed as he followed her. "You've not been yourself since going home. Is everything okay?" He asked. "Yes." She grabbed her jacket, and stuck it on. "Look, my cab will be here...." She turned to the door, and Ryan took her arms. "Tori...there's nothing for me to worry about is there?" He asked her. Looking at his face, Tori shook her head slowly. "Coz its like your a different person since you came back here." He told her, nodding.

"What are you saying?" Tori shrugged, wanting him to spit it out. "You didn't...see anyone when you were in Ohio?" He asked. "See anyone? Ryan are you serious?!" She asked. "Not like that. I mean...bump into anyone" He narrowed his eyed. "....Like who....?" Tori asked, a little cautiously. Just then she felt her phone vibrate in her back pocket of her jeans, which made her jump a little. Then a horn sounded from the cab outside.