Chapter 13 - Remembering is easy, forgetting is hard.

3 days later...Thursday

"I think this will do..." Tori smiled as she scanned her work that she'd wrote down. "Have you to email it in?" Her mom asked, standing behind her. "Yeah, I'll email this part in and when I go back to Chicago I'll hand in the rest" Tori nodded, as she added the attachment into her email, and sent it. "Done" Tori sighed and grinned, before looking at her mom.

"I had a sneak peak..." Her mom admitted, before putting her hand over her mouth. "Mom!" Tori laughed. "What?! Your my daughter and I'm really proud of you. Your writing and really good, Tori" Her mom, put a hand onto her shoulder. "Your dad agrees too" She then nodded. "The both of you read my work?" Tori gasped back a little, yet held a smile onto her face. "Yes! We're proud of you sweetie" Her mom told her.

"Will dad be home for dinner?" Tori asked, and watched as her mom nodded. "Yeah, course he will. Speaking of it, wanna help me start it?" She asked, taking her hand from Tori's shoulder. "Sure" Tori nodded and stood up. "Have you heard from the girls?" Her mom asked, as they both walked into the kitchen. "Yeah, their coming here tomorrow night. Hanna will fly in around four in the afternoon, and Spence got a later flight...only one she could get." Tori smiled, as she washed her hands.

Her mom nodded and smiled. "It'll be good to see them again, I even cant wait." Her mom laughed a little. "Yeah, their amazing. It was brilliant to see them again when I was in California" Tori nodded. "Spencer had too good of a time" Her mom sniggered a little making Tori laugh. "Shh, keep that quiet. It was quite funny though to see her that laid back" Tori added, laughing a little.

"Ach, your adults now. As long as your safe, nothing we can do..." Her mom shrugged, pulling out some spaghetti from the cupboard. "Don't make me feel so old" Tori laughed, taking a saucepan from the cupboard under the sink. "I'm not, but its true. Even when you told me about Toby...he was such a little...rebel when he was younger and now he's still with Spencer" Her mom spoke surprised. "Yeah, and continuing his work to become an architect" Tori nodded, happily.

"Good for him...what about Caleb?" Her mom asked. "Caleb is still good. I last heard from him...a couple months ago. Before I left Chicago, he's still working at the computer company and he still misses Hanna and us but...long distance is a bitch" Tori sighed. "Yeah, but Hanna hasn't got anyone...going on has she?" Her mom asked as she handed Tori a handful of pasta. "No, Hanna still thinks about Caleb actually but doesn't admit it to me nor Spence" Tori admitted.

"Wow, shame. They were such a cute couple, and I know school couple don't usually last but...I thought they would. I know they fought a few times but..." Her mom sighed as she collected food from the fridge. "Yeah, considering Spencer and Toby" Tori smiled and nodded as she put the pasta into the pot and filled it with water. "....Not all high school relationships last." Tori stared at the hob, before looking up at her mom and putting on a smile.

Opening a small back to tomatoes, he mom looked at her. A sympathetic look on her face, yet her eyes look slightly pissed off. "Boys...are boys" Her mom sighed, as she handed Tori the tomatoes and a knife. Taking a small clove of garlic, her mom started chopping away. "Now when was it again we were going to meet Ryan?" Her mom asked. "He seems really nice" Her mom commented smiling. "Boys are boys mom" Tori mocked slightly, making her mom look at her.

"...I don't know. He may not be able to come here before I need to go back to Chicago. " Tori nodded, as she sliced tomatoes. "Your not leaving here till...the end of the month..." Her mom told her. "I know, but Ryan is busy. With work, and music." Tori smiled. Her mom shook her head slightly. "You like musicians..." Her mom smiled slightly. "What?" Tori asked, a little confused. "Like...your love for all the bands you like...now uh, your seeing Ryan who plays music" Her mom said.