6.2

I love Adele okay? And I was listening to this song while writing. (Not to mention I love James Bond)

I sat beside him and laid my hand on his knee. He didn't move, he didn't say anything, he didn't push my hand away--he just waited.

"Phil, I'll leave if you want," I said, retracting my hand; before it reached my lap he grabbed it, grabbing not only my hand but also my attention.

"Don't." He let go of my hand and placed his hand on his lap.

"I don't understand, you dragged me down here. Why am I the only one talking?"

"I had so much to say to you, but I touched you--" he paused, blowing out air, "I don't know how to start anymore."

"Well you know where I live when you do," I said as I rose, walking to the elevator. "Thanks for ruining my day." The door closed as the words escaped my mouth.

-

The moonlight engulfed my eyesight, shining down on the pool. I felt stupid for doing this. I felt stupid anyway; he didn't even know I was here, in his backyard. I was waiting for him to get home, my legs thrown over the edge, playful moving in the water. I heard his car switch off and a door close.

"What the hell?" I heard minutes later. His kitchen was lined with windows so I knew he saw me. I turned to see him open the patio door and walk towards me; his tie messily hanging from his neck. "What are you doing here?" he asked as he approached with his hands in his pockets.

"I came to talk to you. I don't like how things are between us and I shouldn't have left earlier today. I jus-" I was too busy watching my feet to notice that he had taken off his shoes and jumped in. I looked up as he smiled at me.

"Can we not talk? Can we just forget?" he asked, swimming towards me. He was in a suit for Heaven sakes. He pulled me in, thankfully my phone was in the car. "Don't fight me, just remember how it feels, how we feel." His arms wrapped around my waist as his face came closer to mine.

"I hate fighting with you." He kissed my forehead sweetly with his hand on the back of my head.

"Me too," he whispered. "Let's just kiss instead." I laughed as his lips softly met mine.