1.0

I groaned as I got stopped by another stoplight. I was going to be late for work, despite the fact that I woke up early. I had laid back down for a short nap after my shower and I woke up at seven. I'm was to supposed to be in my cubicle looking bright and shiny at 7:30 and the office building was forty minutes from my apartment.

I pulled into the parking lot swiftly, parking as quickly as I could but because I was late, the only available spots were at the very back of the parking garage. I huffed as I grabbed my coffee and my briefcase, locking my car and jogging towards the building.

By the time I reached my desk it was eight o'clock and my fellow coworkers looked at me in horror. No one had even been late before because of the strict rules that the boss put in place. Just thinking of him made a shiver pulsate down my spine. I sat down quickly, hoping that no authority figures had noticed my muggle mistake. I sipped on my lukewarm coffee as the two assistants from last night appeared at my desk.

"Dan Howell, please follow me," the lady said. She turned around and headed towards Mr. Lester's door, tailed by the tall male. I gulped nervously as I stood up and noticed that all eyes were on me. I walked to the door apprehensively and walked into his office, his cold gaze meeting mine. His happy-go-lucky demeanor from the night before was long gone.