1.2

It became twelve o'clock quickly and his door swung open. He approached my desk and cupped his hand on my left shoulder.

"Ready to go?" he asked, looking at me endearingly. I nodded hastily and stood up. "You won't need anything, this is my treat."

I went to object the notion but his arm wrapped around my waist, pulling me towards the elevator. I knew this wasn't a good idea, everyone was staring at me. Not to mention I was supposed to get lunch with Louise to make up for missing dinner last night.

It was just me and him waiting for the screen to say one. His left hand was in his pocket and he had his jacket thrown across his right shoulder. I held my phone in my hand, contemplating on whether to call Louise or not; I was afraid it would make him angry.

"Mr. Lester, I already had plans. Could I ca-"

"Don't worry about it, there no need to call anyone. You're with me," he said. His hand was on mine and I noticed how cold his skin was. I looked up from our hands and he smiled as the door opened.

He walked out first, looking very professional and even waving goodbye to the lady at the desk, which I had never done before. I looked back at her and smiled, giving a weary wave. I followed him out to his car and got in on the passenger side. He smiled a little before cranking up the car and pulling out of the executive parking spot.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"A nice little restaurant, I know you'll like."