2.3

"C'mon, Phil," I groaned as I lugged him out of the car. We walked up the stairs and I fumbled with the keys to my door.

"Open the door, Danny," he whined. Okay maybe he had more than a few. I finally got it opened and pushed him in. "Hey, where am I to sleep?"

"You can sleep in the bed if you want. I have some clothes you can wear," I said as I walked over the wardrobe and grabbed him a blue top and some shorts. I changed myself as he put on the shirt with ease but refused to put on the pants and kept running around the apartment. "Phil, put on the shorts!" I yelled.

"No," he groaned.

"Don't make me put them on you."

"I'd love to see you try," he said with his tongue sticking out. I threw the shorts at him and frowned. "Fine." He pulled the up his legs and ran to the bed, falling head first into the duvet.

"Goodnight, Phil," I said as I laid down and turned on the light. He groaned before getting under the covers.

"Goodnight, I love you," he mumbled. My eyes shot open and darkness filled my vision.

He's just drunk, Dan. Go to sleep.

My eyes closed and my heart rate declined as my burst of anxiety washed away. I finally fell asleep but I was awoke by a harsh shake on my shoulder.

"Dan? Dan!" Phil yelled in my ear.

"W-what is it?"

"I had a bad dream," he whined. He was still drunk. He crawled over me and climbed under the blanket. "Please don't push me alway. I'm scared," he said, whispering the last part. He moved closer to me and draped his arm over my chest. He smelled faintly of strawberries and vanilla, but his breath didn't smell minty anymore.

After minutes of running my fingers through his hair, I fell asleep again with his arms wrapped around me and his head on my chest. Even if he didn't feel the same way, I was just glad that he was this close to me.