4.5

Just so you know I spent 30 minutes trying to find this specific gif. I found about twenty but Wattpad would take any of them. This gif is perfect for this chapter (not to mention pretty).

I walked into work the next day, waving at the lady at the desk like I did everyday. Normally she'd smile back, but today she looked away; even though it was obvious that she saw me.

I brushed it off and went to the elevator. I bounced on my hills as the numbers decreased until they reached zero and the door opened. I walked in and noticed how many people were standing around the cork board that was above the coffee table. A few heads turned to me and started to whisper.

I looked around aimlessly and confused as the already alarmed coworkers nudged at the others, making them look at me. I walked towards the group and they parted, allowing me to the board.

My eyes fixated on a piece of paper that read in large red font:

Dan Howell is fucking Mr. Lester in his office

My face turned red as I read the words. I knew everyone was expecting me to run into his office, but instead I grabbed the paper and threw it in the recycling bin before sitting at my desk.

They continued to stare until I glanced up. They finally left, sitting in their seats. I sighed heavily as I started on my work.

I had never been so embarrassed in my life. Here I am, an adult and being mocked by my coworkers.