4.8

The next morning I woke up next to Dan, his shallow breath hitting my skin, giving me unforgiving chills.

He was still asleep of course, making me eager to wake him. Though I knew he didn't sleep well most nights, so I let him stay tucked under my arm.

I closed my eyes for a moment and sighed. I wanted to get up and make him breakfast, but I was afraid that if I moved he'd wake up. I decided to move anyway, slowing sliding my arm out from around his body. I stood beside the bed and watched him stir. After the coast was clear, I went downstairs and grabbed the ingredients to pancakes.

Half way through my cooking session, a sleepy Dan walks down the stairs rubbing the sleep out of his eye. He trudged towards me, wrapping his around tightly around me.

"Good morning, love," I said as I flipped a pancake with a spatula.

"Hey," he spoke softly.

"Go on, sit at the table," I said. "It's almost done." I felt his arms leave my side and heard him walk to the fridge. I turned around to see him pouring some orange juice.

I gathered all the pancakes and bacon and sat the plate in the middle of the table. I switched off the stove before sitting the pans in the sink. I grabbed the syrup from the fridge before sitting across from Dan.

We ate, with few words spoken. As I started to clean the dishes, he approached me.

"Do you mind if I took a shower?"

"As long as you but it back," I laughed. He rolled his eyes before hitting me softly on the shoulder.

"You're annoying."

"Hey!" He leaned in for a quick kiss before going to the stairs. He turned and looked at me with a smirk.

"You can join me if you want," he said before disappearing from my sight.