5.5

Dan's POV

Today was perfect. The wind was blowing just the right way, and the sky was clear. The sun was beating down on my back, but the air still felt cool. It felt like spring, which was odd for December; especially in New York.

The park had become my safe haven over the past few days; the place I went when I started feeling down again. It didn't take long before my spirits were up again and I felt like my old self. There was something so calming in seeing children running around laughing and seeing dogs jump onto their owners lap for a treat. Everything just seemed so simple.

I walked for a while, but I started to get hot, causing me to walk over to a shaded part by the bathrooms. I sat on the stone/concrete wall that lined a huge plant garden, noticing that the man beside me was reading a book.

He was sitting with his legs crossed and a coffee cup sitting beside him. I looked at him cautiously as his eyes trailed the paper. He turned the page suddenly pulling me out of my trance, and making me jump.

He looked at me with a shocked expression before closing his book.

"Y-you're Dan!" he exclaimed. I looked at him bewildered as he nodded his head.

"Who are you?" I asked. I noticed his hair; dyed blue at the ends. He wore glasses and seemed to be smiling all the time, even when he was reading his book. 

"I'm Mark," he smiled. "Oh! I probably should have said this before; I worked at the office with you. Well, until Mr. Lester fired us all."