1.3

"Are you serious, anything I want?" I clutched the menu as he looked up at me lazily. "You don't ha-"

"I told you earlier, it's my treat, just enjoy. I can afford what ever you'd like, money's not an issue." He glanced towards our waitress and looked back down at his menu.

"What are you getting, sir?" I asked.

"Masa toro with caviar," he said with a smile. I found it on the menu and almost gasped at the price. He chuckled  as the waitress came over with our drinks. He had ordered a fancy ass drink while I only ordered a glass of wine. He looked at me as he sipped on his pricey beverage. "What's wrong, dear?" I felt my face flush pink as he spoke.

"Nothing," I said, drinking my glass of wine. "We're both drinking and we drove. How are we going to get back to the office?"

"I'll just call a cab," he smiled.

"What about your car?"

"Oh it'll be safe here," he said. "My father owns this restaurant." My mouth formed an o as our waitress came back, patting him on the shoulder.

"It's good to see you, Phil. Your dad's been waiting to see you!" she said as she pulled out her notepad. "I'll send him over after you... two eat." She paused, giving me a strange look. "Must have been a spur of the moment kind of thing huh? Either that or he didn't get the memo," she said before giggling.

I smoothed out my shirt and fixed my hair, hoping that she was just being a bitch and that I wasn't sticking out like a sore, and poor, thumb. I was in a suit! What was wrong with that? Maybe it was because I didn't have the jacket on.

I felt a bead of sweat on my forehead as Phil looked up at me expectantly, his hands pressed against his menu that was laying on the table. He was hunched over and looked so improper, it almost made me laugh.

"What do you want, Dan?" I focused on his blue eyes as I came to.

"Uh..." I looked down at the menu and said the first thing that I saw, which happened to be Seafood Alfredo.

Since this is such a fancy restaurant you'd think they'd have creative names.

"Thanks, gentlemen," she said, giving me one last glance before walking away. I was pulled out of my thoughts about the lackluster dish titles by the boss.

"Are you okay, Dan? I'm sorry if this is too much, I just wanted to impress you." He smiled at me and without realizing it, I smiled back.