"Why not?" She asked, her eyebrows knitted together in confusion. Did she really think that I was the type to have her get an abortion? I wanted nothing more than a tiny version of Amber running around, so that I could spoil rotten.

"Because, I'm in love with you, having a baby as a product and reminder of our love would not be too bad." Again, I was careful with my words, walking on eggshells so that I wouldn't piss off Amber. I lightly brought my hands to her hips, brushing the skin there lightly with my thumbs.

"So you're saying, even if I got pregnant now, you'd encourage me to keep it?" Just like she always did, she twisted my words making it ten times harder to explain myself to her.

I buried my face in the crook of her neck, clammy with sweat from our previous activities and sighed. Technically, she was absolutely right, I would have had her keep our baby.

"I guess?" I phrased my answer as a question, trying not to sound too eager.

She exhaled loudly, apparently it wasn't the right answer. She shifted underneath me, wanting me to get off her. I didn't let up, I pinned her beneath me using my weight. She always ran when the conversation got hard, I wanted her to stay and face our problems.

"Aubrey, I need to leave." Amber breathed, giving up after multiple attempts of pushing me away.

"No.. I won't let you leave until you tell me what's on your mind." I firmly instructed.

"I..." She rolled her eyes and clenched her fists tightly against my chest.

"The whole reason we're together in the first place is because I listen to you, I want to hear what you have to say, so don't think you can't tell me things. Whatever it is, ill try to understand." I pulled my face up to look her in the eye, trying to convey that she could trust me.

"Aubrey..... I feel like you don't support me enough." She spat, her eyes weighed down with sadness or disappointment, I couldn't decipher.

I quickly tried to defend myself, but she pressed her finger to my lip, stopping my silent protests.

"You want us to advance as a couple, and I love you for that. You see that we need to work on our relationship, we have a lot of shit to deal with, especially your impending departure in a few weeks. What I need from you though, is some support. I want to know that you want me to be successful for myself first. I don't want to be a liability to you."

I was itching to speak to her, she cupped my cheeks in both her hands and I thought against it. The way her eyes twinkled was evidence that she needed to say it.

"I do support you baby, I'm so sorry if I don't make you feel like I do...." I pushed, digging my fingers into the soft flesh of her hips.

"I'm not done. Aubrey, I want you to encourage me not to have kids right now. A kid is the last thing we need. I just got you to myself, I cant lose you to some spoilt little version of yourself." The look on her face revealed that she said too much and she quickly looked away from my gaze.

"You've thought about it." I said, not questioning but stating my observation.

I nudged her cheek with my nose and she squeezed her eyes shut, not willing to continue. Well, if she didn't want to participate, I'd have to use brute force to get it out of her.