Chapter Two

"Ding Dong" the doorbell rang, overrun by excitement that it was my boyfriend Justin I ran to the door, fixed my hair so that all the loose strands were in place, then opened the door batting my eye lashes. To my disappointment it was just the neighbor Roger, son of Mr. and Mrs. James from across the street. He looked like he was tired from exercising.

"What do you want Roger?" It slipped. I was just so used to seeing Roger everywhere that I was annoyed by his presence.

"My mom and dad aren't home yet, and I was wondering if my cousin Aubrey and I could wait here for them since I don't have a key."

"Aubrey?"

And with that a muscular figure appeared from behind the bushes. All I could make out was his tall and muscular silhouette. I squinted due to the dimmed lighting on the front porch. He realized that I was squinting so he pushed past me and came inside.

In the light of my living room I could clearly see Aubrey's face.

His hair was jet black, short and wavy. His complexion was light brown and his skin glossy from the sweat on his body. His eyes steel colored almost black screen and mysterious. He had a broad tipped nose, perfectly shaped at every angle and a contagious smile which was pure and simple like sunshine through a rain drop. He had tea rose lips which reminded me of my Aunt Helga's garden of roses in England.

When his beautiful smile faded, I realized that I was staring at him wistfully.

"Can I help you?" He asked sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes, trying my hardest not to blush.

"I didn't invite you in." I said bravely.

"No?" He asked with an arrogant tone.

"No. So get out!" I was now raising my voice.

Aubrey walked up to me in my personal space, (he was about 4 inches taller than me) brought me closer to him then kissed my forehead. My heart raced and I held my breath. I could not fathom what had just happened, and it would have continued like that if it wasn't for that familiar annoying voice.

"Oh God, get a room!!" exclaimed Roger with a satirical grin. My cheeks pink, or as pink as they could get with embarrassment.

"Know your place fam." Aubrey replied. It was only then I realized how much of a thick Canadian accent he had. He then glanced at me then walked up to my living room couch and lay there with his feet up.

I stood where he had left me in awe at his cool and calm demeanor. And as he lay there on my living room couch I couldn't help but think. This guy was rude, arrogant and didn't care about anybody but himself, and I was attracted to him, that uninvited guest.

"Amber!" My mother called again from the kitchen.

"Ma'am it's just Roger, and he was just leaving!" I replied. Then I turned my attention to the sexy man on the couch. Whispering I said, " you need to leave, like now" then walked toward the couch.

Aubrey motioned for me to come closer. Mindlessly obeying his command I walked toward him.

In one swift move Aubrey pulled me down by my arm so that I was laying on his chest. I had no time to squeal or even react. I lay on the chest of the sexiest man I've seen in a while.

At that moment the front door was pushed open.

"Babe, I'm so sorry I'm late, I just couldn't get out of traffic and then I stopped to get your favorite flowers and.... What in the fuck?" Justin said.