Chapter Fifteen

Aubrey sang to me while I held on to him in the shower, One of my favorite songs by Bob Marley, 'No Woman No Cry' . It warmed my heart that he would sing for me. He had a beautiful voice. I didn't even know how he knew that I loved that song. I didn't even recall telling him.

I never spoke about Mitch to anyone. Aubrey had a way of getting information out of me that I couldn't fathom. I had to admit, talking about it did help me feel a little bit better about losing my best friend at such a young age.

Eventually we had to get out of the shower. I've never been what people call 'clingy', but for the rest of the morning I was following Aubrey around like a lovesick puppy.

"Aubrey, can we get some more food?" I asked, after eating the breakfast that he prepared for me. His pancakes were Devine. They were even better than the ones from Don's Diner, and that was saying something, considering that was my favorite place to eat, since I met Aubrey.

"Amber, you had like 5 pancakes." He laughed, "and you drank all the orange juice."

"I have to replenish what was lost last night." I winked at him. Aubrey made me a lot more comfortable to do what I wanted to do. I would never wink when I was with Justin.

Aubrey laughed loudly clutching his stomach, then he got serious and whispered into my ear. "Lay down on the table, I want some breakfast too."

I shivered, and laughed nervously. Why was he so attractive? Then I bit my bottom lip and squeezed my legs together tightly.

"Don't do that, you're making me hungry." His eyes dilated and he licked his lips. God damn.

Aubrey never pressured me for sex, but he would say things that would have me practically pooling in my panties to the point where I would almost be the one to suggest it.

"Aubrey, let's go to the grocery store."

He kissed my neck, and sucked on it a little. It wasn't hard enough to leave a mark, but it was sensual enough to leave my head reeling. He picked me up off the bar stool and put me on the counter. He stood between my legs, kissing my neck and unbuttoning my shirt. Wow. I moaned.

"Tell me Amber, what do you want?" He said against my neck, then he licked the spot where my neck and shoulder connected. God damn.

"You. Aubrey. I want you." I said breathlessly.

"Really now?" He said stepping away from me and grabbing his car keys on the counter. "That's what you want? Because I was thinking we should go to the grocery store you know, get some food for the house."

What?

"Tsk. Tsk. I'll be waiting in the car." He said.Then he left the apartment.

Wait. What just happened? Did he just? Well that killed the mood.

I buttoned my shirt up and got off the stool and got off the counter and headed to the car.

I didn't say anything when I got into the car. I looked at Aubrey and he looked back at me smiling widely and then we busted into laughter.
...
Aubrey's POV

"Okay. So you need a bunch of stuff. You barely have any food. Okay so you have plastic plates, cups, and cutlery. Cereal we need cereal. Oh and milk." Amber walked through the aisles to the cereal section. I pushed the cart. I had to walk super fast to keep up with her.

She picked up a box of lucky charms and a box of Froot Loops. She looked at the both boxes trying to decide on which one to get. She looked so focused as if she was defusing a bomb.

I know it sounds cliché but I wanted to go shopping with Amber for the rest of my life, just to see the way her nose crinkled when she concentrated.

"Aubrey.. Aubrey Graham from English?"

No, not this girl again. Fuck. Not today.

"It is you." Janice said as she got closer to me.

"Yeah. It is." I answered, short,clipped good job Aubrey.

"Yeah. You look so good. Mmm.. Hey I was wondering if it wouldn't be a problem if.."

"Aubrey which one do you... Who's this?" Amber asked as she looked up at me. She put both boxes of cereal into the cart.

"Umm.. This is Janice. She's in my English class baby." I said, trying to send Janice the message that I was taken.

"Baby?" Janice asked? Her face got red with anger. That white girl in particular was so emotional. "Aubrey you didn't tell me that you had a bitch when you were texting me talking about wanting to smash."

What was this bitch doing? I would never cheat on Amber. She had everything that I wanted in a woman. I'm obsessed with thick women, Amber had an ass for days and Janice had an ass for seconds.

Amber looked at me and shook her head. Then she looked at Janice and smiled. "Well he should've darling because he's taken."

Janice's face fell. She was expecting to start a scene and Amber didn't allow it. Janice walked away looking angry as ever.

"Amber, I didn't..." I tried to say.

"I know babe. You wouldn't hurt me like that. You need to stop being so attractive though before I have to go around slicing bitches."

I laughed, "that's the first time I've ever heard you curse."

"Don't get used to it. I'm just a little riled up."

We continued our search around the grocery store. We got a lot of shit that I didn't know that I needed. We stood in the line for about five minutes until someone spoke.

"Excuse me, can I cut in front of you? I only have one item." I recognized the accent. Her voice was still as beautiful as I remembered it. Barbadian accent as thick as ever.

I risked a glance at her, she caught my eye and her eyes went wide.

"Aubrey? Aubrey!" She yelled.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Amber turned to me, "who's that ?"she asked smiling.

"Rihanna." I said.

"Who?" She asked.

"The ex that cheated on me."I said as Rihanna made her way over to us. Why was everyone coming to our little town in Houston. The fuck?