Trip Down to Memory Lane

There's nothing much she can do when her mother drags her around like a trophy daughter. For the past one hour since their arrival she had met all the doctors from different departments, dozens of nurses, shareholders and even the Wallace family - Dante and Cage. The son of Dr. Wallace was sure hitting on her nerves and can't seem to take hints from her sarcastic snarky remarks and continued to blabber about his achievements. It was a nightmare.

When she finally had the feeling that the man was taking a short break from his long endless speech of his recent works, she made an escape for it and ended inside the big mansion where she finally flops down on a teal victorian couch facing the big white wall with a huge portrait painting of the senior Wallace. She walked up to it and examined each detail.

It must have been excruciating finishing this painting, she thought.

Each strokes were short and small and much detailed, expanding into a bigger picture of the man of the house.

"Interesting fella isn't he?"

Clarke quickly turned around and felt her lips hung open, "Mr Heda!"

Gustus chuckled by her reaction and limped his way towards her. Her eyes narrowed by the way he's walking and met him halfway across the living room. The first time that Lexa's father was rushed to hospital was due to over fatigued and stress but that was 4 years ago. She didn't know that his condition worsened and by the looks of it, there's a possibility that he might had a stroke somewhere along the way. She knew it, it was all the same signs from her previous patients.

"Clarke Griffin," he nodded grinning widely, "it's been a long time." She nodded shyly not knowing how to react nor say to her ex's father. "How have you been?"

A smile displayed on her lips and nodded, "I've been good," giving him a hug. "How about you? Has it been worst?" Glancing down at his leg and a cane with a tiger crafted on its wood.

"Yes," he nodded sadly but quickly wiped it away with a beam.

So much like her.

"But nothing beats this man," pounding a fist on his chest, "I'm strong-..."

"As a bull. I know! You don't think I forget!" waving her finger at him and laughing at the situation that they're at now. She always thought that meeting her ex's father whom she grew to love as a father would be awkward. Always thought that losing Lexa also meant losing the father figure who stood up by her side whenever things started crashing down between her and her ex but she guessed she was wrong.

I've been thinking about my ex so much. This isn't healthy.

"Heard rumors flying around that certain blonde is back in town. Are you back, Clarke? For good?"

"Yes," it sounded breathy than she intended it to be. It only dawns on her what it could possibly meant now that she's back home.

"Working with the Wallace again?" arching his eyebrow up.

"Yes I am. I'm glad to be back. There's so many fresh faces I couldn't keep up. I have to take some fresh air," she chuckles.

"Yes, the expansion of the company was growing bigger and they're exporting their old staff on the new premises to start a pioneer. Fresh faces is good for the hospital here in town, God knows what the old patients had been complaining about on the old nurses and doctors."

Clarke laughs by the thought of it and winked, "I think I might have a few ideas the reason why."

A snort erupted from Gustus, "Of course. I believe you're one of them!"