The Inner Demons

"How was your first week?" Gustus eyed Lexa with curiosity.

"It was ok. I was able to catch up. I am doing everything you asked me to, Dad. You don't have to worry about anything," Giving Gustus an assurance behind her stoic expression. Lexa was never good at showing affection, just like her father. They mutually nodded to each other and went on with their own morning routines.

"You know I'm doing this for your own good. For you to have a better future. I don't want you to experience what I had when I was younger. I want what's best for you and I know what is best for you, Lexa," Lexa gave her father an agreeable nod. Lexa knew what her father meant. Gustus was deprived from the education that he deserved when he was younger not until he met an adoptive family that brought him a home even if hes was already a teenager. Lexa knew the hardship that Gustus went through, from an abusive parents, being chased away from one foster home to another until he spent 10 years of his life doing just that. And when he's about to lose faith the Heda family took him in and took care of him just like their real son. Lexa was ever grateful for his grandparents because of not only what they did for her father but also the love that they showered on her when her mom, Indra past away from a car accident and seeing how Gustus submerged himself to work after the love of his life left him. Lexa knew that she will never see the glister on her father's eyes again. He grew cold and distant and was always busy and away from his own business trips. In which one day, Gustus hoped Lexa would inherit.

Lexa pecked Gustus on the cheek and left the house without another word. She does not want to think over again the responsibilities that she have to carry on her shoulder. The expectations that her father and even her grandparents had on her. She had gone through enough with her parents and now with Echo. Echo...No Lexa! Don't go down there again. You can't!

Lexa was already half way through her journey to TonDC and it felt like a blur. She didn't even realised that she's nearing the campus and was snapped out of it by her buzzing phone from her pocket. Lexa took it out and checked, it was from an unknown number.

Unknown number:Hey goodmorning! Our class is at 11am right? :)

Lexa Heda ;) : Who is this?

Unknown number: Sorry, its Clarke. This is Lexa right?

Lexa Heda ;) : Oh I see. Yes this is Lexa. And yes our class is at 11 am.

Clarke Griffin: Great! Can we sit together? I brought us some snacks, our lecturer is kind of boring. :P

Seriously? Is she bribing me with snacks just to sit with me? My gosh why am I stuck with this girl. Make an excuse Lexa. That's gonna be awkward.

Lexa Heda ;) : Oh. Let's just see later. and you didnt have to bring snacks. but thanks.

Clarke Griffin: Alright then. Well I guess I'll see you later Lexa. Oh yeah I brought us Pringles your favorite. ;)

Pringles? How does she know? I only vaguely mention it to Octavia during break. *sigh* This can't be good. I can't do this right now. Not right now please.

Lexa didn't replied right after that. She started to feel weird whenever she's around the blonde and it was only her second day. Lexa just can't deal with this right now, not with all the things that she's already dealing with.

Upon reaching the campus, Lexa tried to do a mental note just to make sure that Clarke won't be sitting with her during class. Because hell, she knows she won't be able to focus. The blondie already made a mark on her and it scares the crap out of her. She quickly walked to class and made sure that Octavia and Anya were sitting on their usual seats. Being Lexa beside the aisle, then Octavia, followed by Anya and an empty seat where she usually stow her bag. Let's just remain that way. No moving. No changes.