Chapter 8: Ayato Kirishima

[AN: Yay Ayato is here! But he will be a little OOC in this story]

The sun was shining brightly and Anteiku was busy, suddenly an unexpected customer came. He looked just like Touka, his hair and eye color were like hers. He wore a dark blue shirt, jeans and a maroon jacket wraped around his waist.

"Welcome to Anteiku." Touka greeted.
"I would have a regular black coffee miss--sis is that you?"
He asked. "Ayato?" She said in disbelief.
"Is that really you?." She asked. "Yup, it's me." He said as he pulled her into a hug.

"Let's go to a place somewhere private." She said as they went to her room. "Ne, Nishiki. Tell the manager that i have some important buisness to attend to." She said.
"Okay, but you better hurry. This place is busy." Nishiki said.

Touka's room

"I've missed you." Ayato said, looking around her room.
"Me too, What did they do to you?" She asked.
"You mean what did they do to me years ago?" He asked.
She replied with a nod.

"Well, the robers got me. They killed dad because of some financial buisness. I wasn't fed properly. I only got to eat one meal a day. I was just locked up in a dark room hoping that someone would find me. Three weeks later, the police wound us. The police put the robers in jail and brought me to the orphanage. When i turned 14 (or 15) i decided to leave the place. I got a good part time job and my studies are pretty well. I also live a couple of blocks from here." Ayato explained.

"You've grown. All these years I thought you were dead." She said. "Same as you. Now, what happened to you?." He asked.

"On that night, I hid near an abandoned alley.
Yoshimura-san found me and helped me. I got to go to school and I work here. That's all I can do to repay his kindness." She said.

Knock...Knock...Knock

"Who is it?."

"It's me Touka-chan. Can I come in?." The white haired boy asked. "Uh, yeah." She said. "Nishiki-senpai wants you in the shop now, it's super busy. Wait, who's that?." Kaneki said, tilting his haid in confusion.

"Kaneki, this is Ayato. Ayato meet Kaneki Ken, he's my friend." She said.
"Ayato?, you mean your younger brother." Kaneki had an surprise expression as he walked up to Ayato.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Ayato." He said.
"You too Kaneki-kun." Ayato smiled. (AN: Yes, he smiled!)
"I don't now you that much, but i trust you that you will take care of my sister for me. If she get's hurt or shed a tear because of you. You're dead." Ayato whispered into Kaneki's ear.

"Ne, what are you talking about?." Touka asked.
"Oh, nothing. Right Kaneki-kun." Ayato turned to Kaneki.
"*gulps* Right." He said smiling.

"Well, I need to get back to work. Let's go." She said heading downstairs. They went back in the shop and started working(exept for Ayato obviously).

"Here's your coffee Ayato. Enjoy." Touka said.
"Ahh, this taste amazing. Thanks sis." He said taking another sip.

//Time Skip brought to you by Haise's banana posters//

The shop was almost closing and Ayato had to leave.
"Do you really have to go?." Touka asked, hugging her little brother. "Sorry. I have to, I'll try to visit regularly. I love you and Take care. Bye." Ayato said, going out of the shop.

"Love you too." She whispered. She watched Ayato leave until his body could no longer be seen. Seeing Touka daze off, Kaneki tapped her shoulder.

"AHHH!." She yelped. I guess she was thinking too deep he thought. "Kaneki! Don't scare me like that." She warned.
"Gomen Touka-chan. But you were zoning out." He told her. She felt embarassment filling in her composure.

"O-oh really?. But don't do that again!." She said, hiding a blush. "Hehe, I won't." He reassured her.
Kaneki finished cleaning the shop with Touka, when he was about to go upstairs, Touka pulled his sleve.

"Hmm, what is it Touka-chan?" He asked facing the blue (or purple?) haired girl. "Ne Kaneki." She started.
He just hummed in response. "Thank you." She said.
"Why are you thanking me for?." He asked tilting his head in confusion.

"I mean, thank you for always being there for me ever since we were young. Thanks for staying with me even we had some ups and downs. Generally, thanks for everything." She said looking down, blushing madly.

Kaneki was surprised, his expression soften and he hugged Touka. "Your welcome Touka-chan." He said smiling.

Actually Touka-chan, you shouldn't thank me. I wasn't always there for you. I made you cry every night. I made you worry about me. I broke my promise. I'm just a burden to you.
But for the sake of your smile, I will do anything for you, especially protect you ,my love.

He watched the couple hug in the distance, smiling to himself. Ayato was checking (more like spying) on his sister. Seeing his siser happy makes him happy.

"Ahh, Kaneki-kun. Protect my sister for me. It's safer for her to be with you. Whatever relationship do you have with my sister, I am happy that she met you. I know you like her. Just don't ever break her heart." Ayato said, looming at the shop close.

"I found her dad, She's happy. After all these years she was just here. I guess I wasn't using my eyes haha. I hope your proud of me dad." He said gazing into the night sky.