Chapter 1: Kirishima Touka

Touka woke up and did her morning routine. She wore her Anteiku uniform and headed down stairs.
"Goodmorning onee-chan." Hinami greeted as she gave Touka a hug. "Morning Hinami." She greeted back.

It's been 2 months since Kaneki was taken away from her. She always thinks about him, was he eating right?, is he sleeping well?, is he okay?. Touka wanted to know the answers to these questions.

She missed his laugh. She missed his scent. She missed how he would teach Hinami how to read words and it's meanings. She missed how he always have this cute smile. She missed how he handles akward situations. She missed his timid and nerdy side. In short she missed everything about him.

The Anteiku crew said that she shouldn't be to hard on herself. She always ends up crying at night, having nightmares of the people she loved leaving her. Some times she would have a mental break down. But she always remember to give her best, for her father, Ayato and...Kaneki.

She looks at the counter and remembers something that Kaneki would always do when he started working in Anteiku.

Flashback》
"Damn it Kaneki!."
Touka exclaimed as Kaneki broke another cup. "I-im sorry Touka-chan." He said. "Fine. Help the others and i'll clean up your mess." She said.

Their shift was now over and Kaneki wanted to make it up to Touka. Kaneki decided to make a letter for Touka.
Knock Knock. Touka opened her door to reveal Kaneki standing there, handing out a letter.

"I-it's for y-you Touka-chan." He said as Touka got the letter. "Thanks Ken, um..goodnight." She said as she closed the door.
She read the letter and it was an apology letter.

Dear Touka-chan,
It's me Kaneki. I just wanted to say sorry for being clumsy all the time. Thanks for bearing with me, even though I sometimes become a burden to you. I hope this letter would make it up to you.
From: Kaneki Ken.

A small smile formed on the girl's lips as she finished reading the letter. "It's okay, kaneki."

Flashback ended》
A small smile formed on her lips as she remembered what happened that day. "Let's get working people." Nishiki said as he entered the shop. Hinami put the open sign outside and costumers came in.

She went to the costumers and took their orders. She moved onto making the latte art that the custumers ordered. "One rabbit latte art." Nishiki said as he handed some of the orders to Touka. She made the latte art and served it to the costumers.

"Excuse me miss, Kaneki Ken used to work here right?." A female costumer asked. Touka was shocked at the question but maintained her composure. "Yes, why?." She said, her curiousity rising up.

"Well, couple of months ago he would often take me and my friends orders, but now I can't see him working here." She said. "Oh, you and your friends come here often. I'm sorry to say that we have no idea where he is after his sudden disappearance." Touka said,most of them were lies.

"Oh, I'm sorry if i asked." She apologized. "No, it's fine. Now, would you like to order anything else?." She asked. "One cheese sandwich please." She ordered. She took down her order and gave the order at the counter.

"Well, it seems that i'm not the only one who misses him." She said to herself. She realized after he left that she had feelings for him. Touka has fallen for Kaneki. If she had only told him sooner, but she was afraid of rejection. Their friendship was more important to her than her feelings.

She felt that is was a one sided love. What Touka did not know is that Kaneki reciprocated the same feeling ever since they were little. Kaneki was also afraid of being rejected and like Touka, their friendship was more important to him than his feelings.

Her shift was now coming into an end. She put on the closed sign and helped Nishiki close the cafe. She headed upstairs and took a bath. She changed into her pajamas and drifted off to dream land.

"Touka." She felt a pair of hands on her shoulders as she looked up. "Dad!." She exclaimed as she huggded her father. "Hey sis, are you alright?." Ayato asked from behind. "Yeah Ayato, I'm fine." She said as she ruffled the boy's hair. "Hey!." Ayato whined.

She was finally happy to see her family again. Suddenly, the lights went off  then it went on again. When she adjusted to the light, she saw his father dead on the floor with stabs on his stomach. "Dad!." She said, running up to him.

She heard a scream coming from her little brother Ayato. "Ayato!." She said as tears formed in her eyes. "Sis!." She got a reply from him.

"Touka-chan?." She heard as she looked back.
"K-kaneki?." She said as she ran up to him, hugging him. Few more seconds, she felt Kaneki getting cold. When she pulled away from the hug, Kaneki fell on the ground.

"K-kaneki." She stuttered, looking down at the dead Kaneki, pale as ever . Touka began crying. Why does everyone i love have to leave me? She asked to herself.

She kneeled down at Kaneki's dead body.
"W-why K-kaneki, you're leaving too?.She said, shaking.

"KANEKI!." She screamed as she jolt out of bed with real tears. "K-kaneki, you damn promised to never leave me." She said as she hugged her pillow tightly.

"You broke your promise, bakaneki." She said. Wiping the tears from her cheeks, she listened to music to calm herself. "Well, I am the one who left you on the bridge that night...so it's practically my fault after all." She said as she let out a fustrating sigh. She put the blanket over her body and cried herself to sleep.

"Touka-chan..." The white haired male said in his sleep.