Chapter 6: A New Start

It's been a few weeks after the return of Kaneki to Anteiku.
Everything was fine. Hinami learns new words everyday with the help of her onii-chan. Managing the shop was now easier since they got more help from Kaneki.

Still, the childhood best friends can't avoid the akward atmosphere around them. Most of the time, they would just chat for a bit---because of work--- and flash a smile, nothing more.

Team Touken noticed this---Hinami, Koma and Nishiki---
(AN:Yeah, I made Team Touken. Let's say they ship 'Touken')
That's why they decided to confront Kaneki ---since Touka wouldn't talk much---.....

"Oi, Kaneki. What's with you and Touka?" Nishiki asked.
"Yeah, onii-chan. What seems to be the problem?." Hinami joined. "A-ah, I don't know. Things just get akward?!." He replied, sratching his nape.

"Lovers Quarrel, I suppose." Koma said. "Wha? We're not even in a relationship Koma-san. Besides...we're bestfriends." He clarified. "Are you sure onii-chan?. I think you look cute as a couple." Said Hinami.

A blush made it's way on the latter's cheeks. "U-uh. That might not happen Hinami." He said. Ruffling the girls hair.
"Say Kaneki, do you even like the girl?." Nishiki asked.
"M-maybe a little?." He said, hiding the blush from his cheeks.

"I knew it!, Go talk to her onii-chan...well maybe talk about your feelings later...but you need to remove the akward stuff...it's affecting people." Hinami said.

"Go Kaneki, we'll be cheering for you." Koma said.
"U-uh yeah. I'll try talking to her." He said. He left them and headed to Touka's room. He swore he saw them cheer.

"T-touka-chan? Can i come in." He asked hesitantly.
"Yeah..." He heard her answer. He opened the door gentley and saw Touka studying for an up coming exam.

"Oh, Kaneki-kun. What do you need?" She asked. Her eyes still focused on what she was doing. "Well, I came here to talk about something." He said.
"I'm listening."

"U-uh, a-are we okay?." He asked. "W-what do you mean?." She said. "Well, you know...the akward tension I guess..." He said, rather shyly. "What's with the sudden question?." She sat up straight, looking him in the eye.

"Ah, the guys told me that...that we look uncomfortable with each other and it's affecting people." He answered.
"Okay then, Kaneki. Don't worry we're okay. Nothings wrong." She clarified, but a hint of hesitation.

"Really? Thank god. Well, see you later Touka-chan." He said, hugging her. In all honesty, he knew if Touka was lying, but he didn't want to push it any further. She was shocked at the sudden action but eventually returned it.

"Oh and I hope we could go back to normal." He said, flashing a smile before leaving.

"What do you mean back to normal? Things have changed Kaneki, just like you. I think it would never go back to normal. But atleast it's worth giving a shot. Let's have a new start shall we?." -Touka Kirishima