Chapter 2: Kaneki Ken

"TOUKA!." The white haired boy exclaimed as he jolted out of bed, sweat forming on his forehead. Nightmares started coming to Kaneki when he returned from Aogiri.

《Couple of months ago》
After the incident, Kaneki found himself chained onto a chair. All he could see was checkered tiles stained with blood. The walls were grayish and only a metal door infront of him.

Kaneki was captured by this so called orginazation, The Aogiri Tree. In this orginazation, people who work for Yamori captures teens to play . When he means by PLAY, he means getting tortured only for his entertainment.

"Help, Help me!." Kaneki screamed. "Oh~Kaneki-kun~." Someone sing songed. Kaneki looked up to see a certain guy with short blonde hair. "W-who a-are you?." Kaneki asked.

"Oh Kaneki, I am Yamori call me Jason instead." Yamori told. "W-what am I doing here?." Kaneki stuttered. "Let's just say, I wanted to have some fun." Yamori said as his expression began to darken.

Then Kaneki's torture began. Everyday, you could here Kaneki's screams. "AHH!." He screamed as Yamori puts a centipede in his ear. The black haired boy was now panting heavily. "Kaneki, what's 1000-7?." Yamori asked.

Before the torture began, Yamori told him to count by 7 backwards  starting from 1000. He would always ask this when he tortured the black haired boy.

"9-993, 986, 979, 972, 965, 958, 951." Kaneki kept on couning as tears fell down his cheeks. "That's it for today Kaneki." Yamori said as he walked out of the room.

"W-Why...is..this...h-happening...to..me?." He asked himself.
"Well, I did asked Touka to go to the mall and told her to leave me on the bridge that night, so it's my fault after all." Kaneki said as he let out a long sigh.

"You're just useless, you're weak, you can't even protect the ones you love." He heard Kamishiro Rize's voice said to him. Rize was the voice inside his head. When he first heard her voice, he thought he lost his sanity.

It's kind of like his conscience. She came along when  Yamori started torturing him. She had long purple hair and a pair of purple eyes. "You're just like your mother, she can't even say no to her sister who won't find a job and earn money, that's why she died." Rize said.

"W-what are you talking about?." He asked the purple haired girl
"Your mother did teach you well, but she taught you something wrong." Rize explained. "W-wha- my mother is the best, she was always so caring, kind, gentle and loving." Kaneki protested.

Rize let out a laugh, "Kaneki dear, she was weak. She overworked herself that leaded to her death. That's why you turned soft Ken." She said as she carressed his cheeks.

She is right about that...he thought. His mother was generous about some matters, too generous. She did over worked herself which caused her to...die.

Few moments later, Kaneki almost lost his sanity. "You're...you're right Rize." He let out a loud laugh. "It's because of her, I became weak." He blamed. "I need to become stronger, to protect everyone that I love." He said, letting out a small chuckle.

"If you want to become strong, will you let me take over your body?." Rize bribbed."Sorry Rize, I'm never going to let you take over my body. Even if it makes me stronger." He said. "Goodbye Rize." He said as he tried to let Rize vanish for good, and she did.

When Rize disappeared, Kaneki's hair turned white. His nails turned black and the color of his clothes also changed.
"Oh~Kaneki-kun~ we have only a little time left. The police are on us. I loved your company Kaneki. How about let's end your misery." He said looking down onto the white haired male as he charged forward to punch him.

Kaneki broke the chains and dodged the attacks. Yamori felt blood drip down his face.
"Y-you scratched me Kaneki. I'm gonna kill you Kaneki!." He said as he brought out a knife and charged it at Kaneki.

Kaneki got a hold of the knife and threw it away from Yamori, not caring where it landed. Yamori let out a growl and grabbed Kaneki's ankle. Throwing him on solid concrete.

He quickly stood up and looked at Yamori in the eye.
Kaneki cracked his knuckle and a smug look plastered on his face. "After everything I have been through, would something like that hurt?." Kaneki asked.

Yamori continued kicking and punching Kaneki, but again Kaneki dodges them perfectly. When Yamori was slightly tired, Kaneki took his chance to grabbed the knife that Yamori was holding awhile ago and pinned him onto the floor.

Yamori screamed in pain as Kaneki took another step closer to him. "What's 1000-7?." Kaneki asked Yamori as he stabs his leggs. Even with the throbing pain he felt, Yamori did not answer. "I'll ask again, what is 1000-7." Kaneki asked once again, stabing Yamori's both hands this time.

"9-993, 986, 979, 972, 965, 958, 951." Yamori said, tears rolling down his cheeks. Kaneki patted his head a little, making the centipede come out of his ear. He hold the centepede's tail and looked at Yamori.

"Since you did this to me, I guess it's not bad if I did it to you." Kaneki said. After a few seconds, with one final scream Yamori died.

"Well, that was easy." Kaneki said as he left the room. Kaneki made his way out of Aogiri and headed back to his apartment. He cleaned up and sat on his bed.

He thought of going back to Anteiku but refused. "I can't, I need to get stronger to protect them." He told himself. He went to sleep peacefully, but hi mind was going crazy

《Current situation》

After waking up because of the nightmare, Kaneki got changed and ate breakfast. He grabbed a book and began to read. Even though Kaneki has a more mature appearance, his timid and nerdy side was still there.

Sighing, he placed the book on the shelf and decided to go outside. He got changed into a white t-shirt, black pants and his blue hoodie.

He went into the busy streets of Tokyo and his eyes landed onto a certain someone. His eyes widen as he hid behind a pillar. Nothing changed...He thought. Still wearing those pants, a t-shirt and the green hoodie.

"Touka-chan."