An Unexpected Visit

Start from the beginning

"Yes!" I obviously answer.

"Yes what?"

"Yes I want you!" I confidently state and then realize that it sounded kinda perverted, "I mean... I....not..exactly...like..th-"

"Hahaha!" Ted playfully laughs sitting back down on the chair, "I'm glad to see you haven't changed."

"Well I'm trying to," I look sideways at the floor giving my feet a little tap.

"Why?"

"I wanna live like Anne. Keep to myself and have a plain simple life, without interfering into others business and making a fool out of myself every God damn minute."

"Now that's boring."

"Oh yes I'm sure an assassin is much more preferable?" I get annoyed as to why other people can live normally but when I try, no one believes I can.

"David come on-"

"What? It's true! I am an assassin aren't I?" I get even more irritated. Why does everyone keep calling me David? That wasn't me! I'm Anne, my freaking name is Anne!

"You're much more than that," Ted leans closer to the window, "you are you. Please don't forget that. Anyways," he leans back in his chair, "I've got good and bad news. Which do you wanna hear first?"

I don't reply but just stare at him peculiarly. How can a person like him exist? How does he know exactly what to say and when to come? How can he be so patient and kind? Is that his superpower?

"I guess we'll start with the bad," he clears his throat, "this will be the last visit."

"Huh?"

"You won't be allowed to have anymore visitors."

"For how long?" I place my hands desperately on the window unable to believe that the only joy I have in this shit-hole is seeing everyone once every two weeks.

Ted drops his glance to the floor feeling uneasy, "For.....the rest of your time here."

"What?" It....can't be. I need to.... I must....see them. I have to! Why is life so cruel? Isn't it enough? Haven't you taken enough from me?

"But the good news is," he slowly lifts his head giving me a mysterious smile, "your term has been reduced...."

"Huh?"

"Two years," he holds up 2 fingers, "and then you're out of here."

"What?" I ask, my mind completely blank, "H-how?"

"April," he smiles even wider, "I don't exactly know what she did, but ever since you got imprisoned, she's been in and out of court. She's been in constant contact with district attorney, Judge Danwell and other advocates."

"W-what?" I ask my mind still blank.

"You're going home soon."

Detective Henry's (POV)

"It makes no f*cking sense!" I throw the documents about some stupid bank robbery on my table and try to calm myself down, "First all the evidence's been sealed off! Then I was told not to mess with the case! And now she's given an early leave!"

"What?" Officer Charles turns around in his chair, "She's gonna be out already?"

"It's all strange," I rub the back of my head.

"Then let's get to the bottom of it?" Charles nudges me in the ribs, "Aren't you a detective?"

                          David's (POV)

~"You're going home soon."~

The words must've repeated themselves thousands of times in my head already. I wasn't even able to eat dinner because of that. And now I'm not able to change my bedsheets, I'm stupidly standing there, staring at a wall.

"Ugh!" I hear a grunt and see my cellmate coming over to my bed. She grabs my bed sheet and swiftly lays it down. Straightening out the corners right before Sally makes her rounds and locks our cell.

"Th-thank you," I manage to say bringing myself out of my thoughts.

"Who's David?" Her slightly hoarse voice makes me turn and face her, "During visit hours I hear your friends saying David."

"Ohh," I smile sideways, "it's me." She looks at me confused and so I elaborate, "it's my umm
....other name."

She nods, sitting down on her bed and watches me struggle with that idiotic blanket.
Why can't it turn the way I want?

"No matter how I look at you," she says, "you resemble a sheep."

"What?" I stop strangling my blanket to stare at her.

"Your hair and the way you act. Making enemies for nothing, it all resembles the carelessness of some stupid sheep."

"HAHAHHAHAHHAHA!" I burst into laughter clinging onto my stomach that started to hurt. "Ahhahaha!" It's been so long since I laughed like this.

I glance at my cellmate, who stares at me like I'm some sort of psycho. But I don't try to stop. I wanna laugh. I wanna enjoy this as much as I can.

"Thank you!" I wipe away a tear.

"Wh-what for?"

"For making me remember," I'm David Cole. A woman who's clumsy, hyper, stupid, caring, and is head over heels for Kris, "who I am."

"O-kay," she gives me a sideways glance, "what's the news? You've been spacing out more than usual all day."

"My years have been reduced to 2 years," I bite my lip, squeezing my knees into my chest.

"Congrats," she smiles for a brief second, "but now you'll be a target for all."

"Huh?"

"Since you're given an early leave, you can't cause any trouble. Even the slightest thing can lead to life imprisonment," she then looks into my eyes, "all your enemies are going to make sure that's exactly what happens."

Shit! Now Caroline's gonna be after me and I won't be able to fight back. I can get through this, The Code was no different. I'll just have to relive it all over again. "And I'm gonna make sure they don't get what they want."

"I'm Rose," she finally introduces herself and I smile as I know that I've started a great friendship.

I walk over to her and stretch out my hand, "Call me David."

Hello people! David is back! And I'm pretty sure you guys have all forgotten about Ted but he's back too. Things will start getting interesting once again! Look forward to the time David actually does get out.