Tame 9

This will be a little bit complicated. Don't skip anything. You'll get it. Enjoy.

Alexis's POV

I sat up on the bed and hugged my knees. What a gloomy morning. It's been five days.. since that horrible event happened. I'm staying in a cheap hotel for five days now. I don't think i have the energy to go to school today. I'm not feeling well. It seems like my head feels heavy. I'm a mess. And i know i look like an alien right now. Everything just messed up. What happened to me? I've been suffering for almost a week. I really want to cry. Those days weren't easy. I'm very close to breaking down. I really hate him.

Six people. Six innocent people died in there. I want to blame myself. It seems like it's my fault. What does he want from me? Why does innocent people get involved to this? I have no job, no house, and no money.

Yes no money. I went to the bank yesterday to withdraw some money but my card was invalid. I know who did that. I was so shocked. He's not contented. All my savings are no use now. I only have $1000 with me. When will i last if i only have $1000 with me?

That's not all. I have no job. No one wants to hire me. I don't know if he has something to do with that. I have no rest at all. After school, i will go straight to find a job. I'm determined and desperate. I want to prove him that i won't back down. I won't beg for him to spare me. I still have my dignity. I want to find him and punch his handsome face! W-What? Wait. I did not say that! What the hell am i thinking?

I stood up and let the loose shirt slide off my body. I need a long bath. I think i became thinner than before. I rubbed my arms with evident sorrow. I'm skipping meals. I know that's bad but i need to save money. I have important things to think about. First, i need to find a job. And i need to find a home. I cannot live to this motel for a very long time. It's not comfortable and it feels suffocating. I don't know if the school knows what happened. I can't help but to be sad. I remember it again. My scholarship. The looks that my teachers and classmates gave me are really uncomfortable. I don't know why they're looking at me that why. I don't know if they know something.

Hold on. I can't lose myself at this time. I need to be strong. I know i can do this. I can get over this. But how long am i going to believe that?

I went to school unwillingly. I can't miss any classes. I don't want to make the situation worse. Those stares again. Is there something wrong with me? I just shrugged it off, look down and walk to my class. I need to get my scholarship back. I need to work harder. I need a mind set. Focus Al. Focus. You have no time to space out.

"Mr. Rodrigues."

I look up and i was greeted by Mrs. Smith unreadable face.

"Y-Yes Ma'am?"

I sat straight and look at her attentively. Focus Al. Focus.

"You look like shit."

My eyes widen. I started to panic.Did she just cursed? We're in... class? I looked around.. and noticed that I'm the only one left in the classroom. Oh hombre. Shit.

"What's happening to you Alexis? This is not the first time i saw you spacing out. But this is much worse. You're late in your next class again."

I feel so ashamed right now. I bite my lower lip. I..

"You need a breather, Alexis. You're not doing well this past few days. Take care of yourself. Goodness! Do you even spare a time to look at the mirror?"

She shook her head and pull the nearest chair and sat in front of me.

"I heard about what happened to your apartment. I know it's been really hard for you. I'm actually surprised when you still come to school after that."