Undercover Princess Mia : Chapter Twenty Eight

"Ah . . . This is awesome---" Before I could complete my shouting, I was welcomed by cold water. It felt like millions of tiny icy shards were pricking my skin and hurting me, but the thrill of diving had overcome all my senses. It felt good and satisfying. I opened my eyes inside the water, but all I could see was darkness. Swimming upwards without any difficulty, I brought my face out of water. I ran a hand over my face, wiping the water off and looked around, taking in huge gulps of air. My eyes desperately searched for a certain brown haired boy with eyes the deepest shade of blue, but I couldn't find him.

"Noah, where are you? Noah, Noah!" I shouted on top of my voice, but I couldn't find him.

Did he know how to swim? He had to.

All sorts of lethal thoughts ran in my mind creating a havoc. He couldn't have drowned, could he?

"N-Noah?" I called out in a shaky voice as my body grew weak with fear. My heart hammered against my chest as I quickly held my breath and went underwater, but only darkness welcomed me with open arms.

Suddenly, I could feel some movement beside my body and I brought my face out of water to look around, but still I couldn't find him. My chest heaved up and down as I rubbed my eyes, trying to shake away my dizziness and the feeling of nausea swamping me.

"Noah?" I whispered timidly yet my voice could be heard in the silence of the night.

The moment I turned behind, cold water was splashed all over my face and my body and my eyes widened in alarm.

"What even---hey! You scared the hell out of me! Don't ever do that!" I yelled at Noah who grinned boyishly while continuing to splash water over me. "Hey! Noah, stop! Noah--- "

"Its good to see you get worried about me," he teased and I scoffed before more water made a harsh contact with my skin and I squealed.

"Noah, wait . . . Wait! One second, just one second," I rushed through my words and he stopped, staring intensely at me. "What about a swimming race between you and me?"

"I wouldn't want to see a princess cry after losing," he remarked and I snorted.

"You wish!" With that, I immediately pushed my body forward and started to swim. He grunted at how unfair I was being and I chuckled, but somehow I couldn't swim faster like I used to.

I looked down and my long gown was a tangled mess. I couldn't swim with it clinging to my skin and my arms and legs were flailing, trying to release the dress' vice like grip. I looked forward and by now Noah had reached far ahead than me. I continued to try and swim, but I realized that I was barely moving ahead. I should have had removed my heavy gown because suddenly the weight was pulling me down. I was drowning.

Panic gripped my soul and shook me to the core as I tried to scream, but it came out as whimpers of help. I was struggling hard as I squinted my eyes to watch Noah's figure swiftly swimming forward, oblivious of my pleas for help. Fortunately, he turned back just in time to check on me and seeing my pathetic condition, he rushed towards me, deciding to be my hero.

He was in front of my within seconds lifted me up easily by my arms. I was choking badly and prayed that I didn't puke and polluted this crystal clear water. Noah dragged me towards the shallow water where the water reached only till my waist and rubbed my back soothingly as I was still gasping for air. I finally calmed a little, water streaming down my eyes and nose.

"You know, I could give . . . erm some oxygen to you, if you can't breathe, like CPR," he drawled awkwardly and scratched his neck which turned a light shade of pink as the moonlight made his skin glisten.

"CPR?" I repeated the words he said and slowly my lips twitched upwards.

"Yeah, CPR. You know in which . . . the girl, no I mean the person is given oxygen, by well-but only if you want to," he said quickly and deep down I knew that sober Noah would never say those words because it would be embarrassing.

"Oh, I really, really need a CPR," I said playfully with a whimsical grin and deep down I knew that sober Amelia would never those words because it would be embarrassing.

However, we weren't completely sober, but just tipsy.

I draped my arms around his neck, lifted my body up to wrap my legs around his hips and pressed my body so close to him that I could feel each and every part of him. His naked, hard chest against my soft breasts underneath my wet gown heated my cheeks as I bit back my blush. His deep blue eyes darkened with intensity and passion and without any further wait, I planted my lips on his.

He wrapped his arms around my waist tightly and cocked his head to deepen the fervent kiss. He tasted of alcohol, but it wasn't overpowering. It was a bitter-sweet combination of alcohol and his lips and I was melting in his arms.

My finger tips dug in the back of his neck while I ran my other hand through his tousled, dark hair. His one hand gripped my waist and his other hand rubbed my back teasingly before tugging at my wet, blonde locks. I moaned due to the burning sensation as I tilted my neck at his command and he growled while peppering kisses all the way from my throat to my collar bone before finally pulling away.

My breath came out as shallow puffs of air as he stroked my swollen bottom lip and said, "If we don't stop right now then I'm afraid things will get a little naughty ahead since you look so wet and inviting."

"Oh, okay," I mumbled and blushed deeply at his blunt compliment. "I don't mind though--- "

"You will later. Anyway, let's go now," he interjected and pulled away grudgingly, only to pull me again closer by holding my hand firmly as we emerged out of the water.

We both lay on the lush grass, my head resting on his bare chest. I lay there quietly tracing and following the water trickling down his abs and both of us looked at the moon above as silence consumed us. We watched the moon slowly dissappear behind the dark clouds and then got up to proceed back to the palace much to my disappointment.

By now, my damp blonde hair resembled a bird's nest while my semi-dried gown didn't look much appealing either. Grass and twigs had stubbornly stuck all over my back and bottom and dusting didn't help.

Noah shook his shirt and then wore it, but still managed to look like his own handsome self despite the creases. He rolled his sleeves up as he tossed me his coat to wear. I inhaled his scent surreptitiously which turned my mind hazy and instead of wearing it, I wrapped it around my waist because I was already feeling sticky and didn't want to spoil his coat.

I ignored the giddy feeling as I quickly slipped into my stilettos. I climbed and settled myself on Prince Chair before Noah could so I would be able to ride it again. Noah didn't argue though and quietly sat behind me, picking out the tenacious mud and grass stuck on the fabric of the gown of my back.

We creeped in through the same gate we had sneaked out and without any delay, we went towards the shed. We clumsily got down and laughed, as if the entire world around us seemed amusing. I patted Prince Chair, bidding my farewell to him and both Noah and I headed towards the palace. I could still hear music blasting from the hall which meant the ball was still going on.

"I had a great time today, Noah," I murmured and sighed, leaning my head against his shoulder as we walked hand-in-hand while I lazily swung our hands back and forth. Suddenly, I heard a shrill yet familiar voice and I flinched. I dropped Noah's hand and stumbled ahead.

"Honey, where-oh my god, look at yourself!" my mother, the queen exclaimed, her eyes wide as saucers.

"Maa?"

"What happened?" she asked, her eyes widening further like it would spring out any second.

"I fell in a puddle." I smiled sheepishly and her scrutinizing gaze darted between Noah and me.