FRANCIS-A Dance

(Text in bold and italics is telepathic conversation. ALSO...sorry if I get a dancing term wrong, PLEASE let me know)

It is so great to see Henry again. Granted, it was probably not under the best circumstances  because I drew all the attention in the room to myself by demolishing a certain chocolate fountain, but I am sure Doom's servants are fully capable of cleaning it up. I have formally introduced Henry to Torrun and I am interested to see his reaction. Torrun has her arms crossed and is standing tensely beside me. Henry offers her a hand in greeting and she takes it. Henry smiles and turns to me. "How long have you guys been friends?" he asks. Torrun seems uncomfortable with the whole situation. I shrug and respond to Henry. "Oh, ya know like ummm... at least 72 hours." Henry's eyes widen in surprise. He turns and looks at Torrun. "You know this guy for 72 hours and then you agree to fly with him to another country to go to a gala for a complete stranger?" He asks. Torrun smirks and looks at Henry. "Yes" she promptly replies. That is true...Its only been around three days...I've known her for three days...but I feel like I have known her for a long time... The band starts playing some music and I take Torrun's hand. "Shall we dance?" I ask. She rolls her eyes. "We shall." she replies. This is the perfect time for Torrun and I to plan our "distraction" so we can kidnap Henry... As I start to walk away with Torrun, I yell back at Henry. "We'll talk later...You understand right?" Henry smiles in understanding and briskly walks through the crowd. I pull Torrun towards the area where the other teens are dancing. She is extremely stiff and her hand feels sweaty. "Are you okay?" I ask. I feel a slight prodding at my mind. She must be trying to get inside my head... I relax my mind and nod to show her that I am fine with her communicating with me through telepathy. All of a sudden I feel like my mind is filled with light and I am overwhelmed by the presence of Torrun inside my mind. I wonder if she can read my thoughts? Does she know everything? I hear a soft voice in the back of my mind.

(Torrun) "I fear that we are in the clutches of Doom. If we are not careful when we execute our plan we will be in danger."

I think of a response and focus on that thought.

(Francis) "Agreed. We need to come up with a flawless distraction so we can grab Henry and get out of here."

(Torrun) "You don't have to focus on a thought like that...I can read your thoughts so I see your response immediately as soon as you think it."

She can read ALL of my thoughts? I think I would rather discuss this verbally...

(Torrun) "I can see that you are uncomfortable with my presence. We will have to discuss this very quietly and discreetly. I am retreating from your psyche."

My mind feels as if it is encompassed in darkness when she leaves. I am all alone with just my thoughts. This whole time we have just been standing to the side "observing" the dancing. Once the song finishes I drag Torrun out to the place where people are dancing. The music starts up again and I whisper to Torrun, "May I?" She blushes a little and agrees. We position ourselves to dance. The music is so slow and melodic. I am so glad I have fantastic reflexes because Torrun is actually leading the dance and I am improvising my part. She looks beautiful tonight. I have to remind myself that we are actually here on a mission. I keep getting distracted by the fact that I am dancing with her. She obviously has nothing more than the mission on her mind because when she leans her head on my shoulder she starts discussing our plan. "What kind of distraction do we want?" she asks.  I ponder her question for a moment.  Its gotta be big. We need a mass evacuation and chaos...chaos is good... A brilliant idea forms in my mind. She has now removed her head from my shoulder, but she is still close enough for me to whisper in her ear. "Could you bring a lightning bolt through the roof, hit the chandelier, and knock out the power?" I question. She looks at me sweetly. I am talking to Loki's niece.... "I'm sure I could do something like that." she mutters. Out of the corner of my eyes I see Henry with a redhead. They join the dance. I wonder who she is...

AaaaHHHHHH I AM SO EXCITED!!!!

Any comments? If you liked it I would appreciate it if you clicked the little star (: Thx