FRANCIS-Hero

"I'm just a step away
I'm just a breath away
Losin' my faith today
I am just a man
Not superhuman
Someone save me from the hate
It's just another war
Just another family torn
Just a step from the edge
Just another day in the world we live"
From "Hero" by Skillet

I slowly close the door behind me. This is it...all of my training was for this moment... I am now alone in Azari's "dorm room." James and Azari are making preparations elsewhere, they decided to let me have a few minutes alone to get ready. I notice my phone is still sitting where I left it last night. Oh my word...the camera has been rolling this whole time... I take my phone in my hand and turn off the camera. If I am going to get dressed...I am going to do it to my music...that always perks me up... One thing Azari does have is a killer sound system. I jack my phone into it and crank the volume up almost all the way. I think I'll listen to Hero...that literally embodies my emotions right now... There is nothing like roaring guitars and "grungy" singing to make me feel better. It is so loud I can actually feel the vibrations of the music. I pull the suit out of the case and lay it on the couch. "I need a hero." I mutter as the lead singer sings the very same words. I undress and pull my pants on. I button my shirt and put the waistcoat on. I haven't seen Henry in so long....How will he react? So many questions spiral into my mind. I try to keep my balance as I pull my socks onto my feet. I sit down on the couch and put on the dress shoes. I can't help it that my thoughts turn back to Torrun. I will do everything in my power to protect her...I would give my life for her....I will not let her get hurt... I walk to the counter and pull the tie out of the bag. I catch sight of one other little box. Oh right! That...I should probably put those on... I lay the tie over my shoulders and grab the little box. I walk into the bathroom and turn the light on. I open the little box and can't help but smile. There, are the cufflinks I couldn't help but buy. They look just like my dad's emblem and have an arrow going through the center.

I set the box down on the counter and dash back to the couch

I set the box down on the counter and dash back to the couch. I put the suit coat on and walk back to the bathroom mirror. The last time I did a tie was when I went to my parent's funeral...in my disguise of course... The tie is black and looks striking against my white button up shirt. I put the tie on and straighten it. Now it is time for the cufflinks.... I add the cufflinks to my attire. I look nothing like myself... I spritz myself with a tad bit of cologne and exit the bathroom. I think I am finally ready... There is a pocket on the inside of my coat that is perfect for hiding a throwing knife. I slide one in the pocket. Its a real shame I can't bring my quiver and bow with me...James will have to bring them if the need arises... I take a deep breath. I don't need a hero...I AM ONE....

The song is one of my favorites! (: Francis is ready, but is Torrun? :P
Any comments? If you liked it I would appreciate it if you clicked the little star (: Thx